GKN Aerospace Regional Lean Deployment Director in Dallas, Texas
Regional Lean Deployment Director
Apply now »
Date:Jun 10, 2021
Location: Dallas, TX, US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
GKN Aerospace is reorganizing in order to become more customer-focused and improve operational performance. The global transformation follows years of growth-by-acquisition, and will see it move from four independent internal divisions into a single, fully integrated business. This position will be critical in moving the organization into the new direction by accomplishing the following:
The Regional Lean Deployment Leader is a Lean Thinker with a very high level of expertise in Business Transformation. They will play a central role in developing the organization into a Lean enterprise based upon GKN Aerospace’s Lean Operating Model. They will lead, coach and influence Leadership Teams across their assigned region, ensuring rigor and fidelity to the transformation roadmap.
The Regional Lean Deployment Leader is responsible for developing Lean expertise within all of their assigned regional sites, ensuring that they have high performing Lean expertise, certified at the appropriate level, and that the Performance Centre becomes self-sufficient in running the Lean Operating Model.
The Regional Lean Deployment Leader is responsible for ensuring that the Lean Excellence Model Deployment is delivering the targeted KPI and Lean Maturity improvements across all of their allocated regional sites, including significant Conversion Cost improvements (targeting 6% year-on-year net improvement).
Role modelling a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace “Great Place to Work” value drivers and Culture Principles.
• Exemplifying a safety-first mind set and ensuring that the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards are applied across GKNA and that all locations are a model of a world class healthy and safe working environment
• Developing first-class leaders who are readily able to progress to the next level of leadership, when required, and who embody the GKNA culture principles
• Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model (LOM) across all their region’s GKNA Performance Centres, both High Intensity and Low Intensity deployment sites
• Creating and executing against the Regional Lean Deployment plan and ensuring that all resources required are in place, both in their region’s sites and from the CoE (e.g. Regional Lean Experts assigned as appropriate)
• Coaching their region’s site Lean Deployment Leaders and the performance centres’ Leadership teams in their deployment of the Lean Excellence Model
• Ensuring the correct allocation of resources to make the Lean deployment a success, and making problems immediately visible, allowing problem solving to take place
• Delivering significant improvement in People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets, meeting customer and stakeholder commitments across all sites in their assigned region, driven by significant improvements in Lean Maturity
• Developing deep Lean Expertise across their assigned Performance Centres, ensuring that they become self-sufficient in running the Lean Operating Model, working with the Regional Lean Expert to ensure that all staff are fully certified in Lean
• Thinking at the appropriate level for their role
• Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements and ensuring that staff are aware of the policies and their individual responsibilities and accountabilities:
o The company’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies
o Compliance and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government
o Export Control regulations
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Engineering or Science discipline
• 10 years of business experience in a professional environment
• Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations and/or program requirements.
• GKN experience
• Master’s degree
• Previous and significant experience in multi-site Lean Transformation
• Evidence of leading Business Transformation Offices
• A Lean Certification from a reputable certifying body or benchmark company
• An understanding of Lean Thinking and Lean Leadership
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• The demonstrated ability to influence at the most Senior Levels
• Ability to lead, coach and mentor highly skilled and experienced direct reports
• A track record of Leadership and direction through effective communications, building effective teams
• Aerospace supply chain experience
• A passion for the Aerospace industry
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.