Willis Towers Watson Retirement Service Center Analyst – University in Dallas, Texas
Retirement Service Center Analyst – University
Date Posted: September 14, 2018
Not ready to Apply?
Create a career that goes in the direction you choose. Get to know opportunity.
Join one of the fastest growing areas of our retirement business! As an Analyst within the Actuarial Service Center, you will contribute, as part of a team, to a range of retirement valuation, accounting and special projects. You will have the opportunity to develop a deep knowledge of retirement plans, employ the most cutting edge tools and resources to complete required projects, and enhance your project management skills.
The Actuarial Service Center (ASC) is a group of colleagues within the North American Retirement Line of Business who focus on operational excellence and systems expertise. As integrated members of client teams in a variety of offices, they provide high quality and efficient work for Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution and post retirement plans served by the Retirement teams. Work performed by ASC colleagues includes annual actuarial funding and accounting valuations, corporate reporting and disclosure government forms and a wide range of special projects. Actuarial credentials are not required for colleagues in the ASC and as a result, ASC Colleagues are not eligible for the exam program.
Love your work.
Partner with team members on the following performance objectives:
• Prepare actuarial valuations and reports in conjunction with consulting colleagues with minimal supervision on standard assignments
• Complete analysis and reconciliation of plan participant data and plan assets
• Prepare government reporting forms and annual employee benefit statements
• Complete other special projects related to plans such as cost and contribution forecasting, experience studies and plan design studies
• Respond to all requests and communications effectively and efficiently
• Work with project managers and client team leaders to ensure that each project is completed on time and meets professional excellence standards
• Manage and prioritize own workload efficiently to fulfill commitments in a timely manner
• Contribute to profitability by completing budget spreadsheets, monitoring own time spent on project, seeking ways to enhance efficiency and maintaining accurate time records
• Work independently and utilize available resources to develop technical skills, asking for assistance when required
• Participate in the ASC community of colleagues as a team player, helping where needed, supporting the development of others and sharing new ideas
• Participate and actively engage in training sessions.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a program with heavy emphasis on mathematics, statistics, economics or engineering
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), experience with a programming language (like Visual Basic) is helpful
• Proven analytical skills and mathematical aptitude
• Detail oriented
• Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate; good problem solving ability
• Sense of accountability; owning one’s work and taking pride in it
• Ability to organize, set priorities, work independently and complete multiple projects within established deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
• Strong client service orientation
• Ability to work both independently and on client teams
• Previous defined benefit pension experience is a plus
Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to Apply? at https://willistowerswatson.avature.net/WTWTalentNetwork
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+ Share on Pinterest
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail
Location:Dallas, TX, US
Date Posted:September 14, 2018