Toyota Supplier Engineering Development Engineer in Dallas, Texas
Title: Supplier Engineering Development Engineer Location: US-TX-Dallas-Plano Other Locations:
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop an efficient and safe manufacturing process for SPAD suppliers to ensure Quality. Below will be the main responsibilities:
- Conduct supplier audits and supplier improvements activities to level-up suppliers Quality capabilities for Mass production in order to meet Toyota’s expectations
- Confirm suppliers process and perform risk identification along with risk mitigation
- Address Quality concerns to support both pre-production and mass production.
- Support Go & See activity on suppliers on post-launch quality concerns
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to review and judge SPAD supplier’s performance (efficiency, effectiveness, reliability, etc.)
- Utilization of Toyota’s audit documentation (PRCC, SQA, etc.) to assess suppliers
- Benchmark existing Toyota practices for supplier mgmt.
- Identify suppliers that require uplift or development for future SPAD business
- Leverage existing Toyota resources (SQAM, SPQA, TCQE, QSSA), and information systems to ensure SPAD suppliers’ readiness.
- Provide suppliers with necessary tools and information to pro-actively manage the New Model Development cycle with the goal of Self-Reliance
- Perform on-site or virtual audits on identified suppliers
- Develop PFS (Problem Follow Sheet) post audit for supplier uplift and drive items to closure
- Train and mentor others in supplier process and auditing function
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or professional relevant experience
- Quality Engineering or Supplier Engineering Development experience with automotive background
- Manufacturing plant experience working in Quality control / Quality Assurance / Supplier performance mgmt.
- Working knowledge / Experience of Automotive Product Design and Development
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Customer Quality Engineering / Field Quality Experience
- NAMC Manufacturing and/or Production Engineering Experience
- Supplier Development / Product Development Experience
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flexible work options (if applicable)
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10 different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.