Anthem Business Information Consultant PS16043 in Denison, Texas
Business Information Consultant PS16043
Location: United States
Field: Reporting & Data Analysis
Requisition #: PS16043
Post Date: Jan 07, 2019
Your Talent. Our Vision. At National Government Services (NGS) , an independent subsidiary of Anthem, Inc. and one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care .
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Business Information Consultant
Work Location – Any NGS office, Indianapolis preferred
Responsible for serving as an expert in data analysis, reporting and formulating recommendations and providing guidance to other data analysts. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Creates and maintains databases to track business performance. Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
· Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
· Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
· May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
· May make recommendations based upon data analysis.
· Provides analytic consultation to other business areas, leadership or external customers.
· Data analysis and reporting encompasses a much higher level of complexity.
Requires a BS/BA degree in related field; minimum of 5 years experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is required. Ability to manipulate large sets of data. Strong analytical, organizational, presentation, and problem solving skills. This job is more focused on higher level technical expertise, mentoring staff in lower job levels, more customer facing, higher level of collaboration, work is higher volume and/or higher risk, and modeling as compared to the Bus Info Analyst Sr job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 Diversity Inc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers.