HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Technician Trauma in Denton, Texas
_Patient Care Technician_ _Full Time Nights_ _ _ _Medical City Denton_
Medical City Denton is a 208-bed, high-quality, acute care hospital with more than 850 employees and 300 physicians. Serving the people of North Texas, MCD is a Level II Trauma Center, a Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center offering advanced open-heart surgery. Magnet® recognized for nursing excellence.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and 401K retirement including:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- A competitive wage scale with annual merit increases
- Generous tuition reimbursement and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- HCA’s Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave) The Patient Care Technician
- Assists the licensed staff with basic patient care functions, which includes but is not limited to bathing, ambulating, toileting and feeding patients. In addition, picking up meal trays, taking vital signs
- Assists nursing staff by performing bedside glucose checks, foley catheter care including discontinuation of foley, urine collection, tracheostomy care and simple dressing care
Responsible for performing the clerical tasks and receptionist duties to include: answering all phone calls and patient intercom calls, transcribing physician orders, assembling/maintaining charts for admitted patients, preparing charts for HIM department for discharged patients, and entering orders into the Meditech system If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
AHA or ARC Basic Life Support (BLS) required upon hire. If you don’t have one and need to obtain it, we will reimburse you for the cost of the certification.
- C.N.A. preferred
- Completion of medical terminology course preferred
- Previous patient care technician experience preferred
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Care Technician Trauma
Location: Texas-Denton-Medical City Denton
Requisition ID: 06251-134051