Moore County Hospital District Phlebotomist - Lab (PRN - Shift Varies) in Dumas, Texas
Moore County Hospital District (MCHD) is an award winning Joint Commission accredited Critical Access Hospital located in the High Plains of Texas in the town of Dumas.
MCHD serves a population base that covers six counties and consistently performs alongside top hospitals in the nation, both rural and urban, in clinical measures, patient satisfaction, and employee satisfaction.
MCHD is a recipient of the Hurst Gold Standard of Nursing Award, the Studer Excellence in Patient Care Award, the TORCH Light award, the Joint Commission Top Performer award, the Texas Healthcare Quality Improvement Award, the Studer Healthcare Partner of the Month award, the Home Care Elite award, and more. MCHD's 2019 Press Ganey Employee Engagement Survey ranked MCHD in the top 95% of healthcare organizations nationally for employee job satisfaction and engagement.
This is a PRN position.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Perform blood and body fluid collection for laboratory analysis and physician evaluation of patient condition, care, and treatment plan.
- Perform simple single step testing approved by CLIA and CLIA approved point of care testing.
- Participate in quality control plan for the Clinical Laboratory including instrumentation and personnel proficiency.
- Communicate with the Laboratory Medical Director (Pathologist), Manager, Senior Technologist, Medical Technologist, Nursing, Physicians, and Physician designated Personnel, all quality control outcomes pertinent to regulatory agents, patient specimen analysis, and quality of patient care.
- Review and documents all quality control data pertinent to Clinical Laboratory practices as outlined by Policy and Procedure.
- Responsible for clerical duties including phone, fax, copier, and fax. EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Continuing Education Certification in Phlebotomy from an approved course or equivalent. Documentation of training also required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Six weeks hospital training preferred.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Any approved Phlebotomy registry is preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: None.