HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Coordinator Pharmacy in El Paso, Texas
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan assistance program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
The Clinical Coordinator under the direct supervision of the Pharmacy Director ensures the prompt and accurate delivery of medications to patients and drug information to health care professionals and patients to assist in providing rational drug therapy. The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for developing and supporting the department’s clinical programs aimed at enhancing the quality of drug therapy. The Clinical Coordinator is also responsible for overseeing the pharmaceutical services provided to the renal transplant program which include and may not be limited to the prompt and accurate delivery of medications to patients and drug information to health care professionals and patients to assist in providing rational renal transplant specific drug therapy.
- Reviews and interprets physician medication orders ensuring appropriate therapy
- Ensures that the compounding and dispensing of all medications is accurate and timely.
- Actively participates in the pharmaceutical care of the patient to promote a positive outcome.
- Maintains responsibility for creating, supporting and participating in the department’s clinical programs aimed at enhancing the quality of drug therapy.
- Actively contributes to the advancement of the department’s clinical services.
- Assigns areas of responsibility to the professional pharmacy staff and supervises the prompt and correct completion of assigned duties such as formulary utilization process evaluations and revisions, developing DUE’s/MUE’s in accordance with JCAHO guidelines, and monitoring data related to pharmacy processes. The gathered data is then formulated into reports that represent trends, progress, improvement, and clinical applicability and identifies areas for intervention.
- Represents the Pharmacy Department in medical staff committees, pharmacy and therapeutics committee, nursing committees and ancillary committees in conjunction with the Director of Pharmacy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Current license to practice pharmacy in the State of Texas.
Graduate of an accreditedSchoolofPharmacy
PharmD. Degree required
One year experience as a hospital pharmacist is required
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Ability to learn aseptic technique
Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
Good judgement and decision making skills
Ability to learn multiple computer skills
Maintain pharmaceutical knowledge through continuing education
Ability to provide staff education
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Clinical Coordinator Pharmacy
Location: Texas-El Paso-Las Palmas Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01515-23847