Cimarron Medication Associate - Part-Time Weekend Shift in El Paso, Texas
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Medication Associate prepares, administers, and documents medications as prescribed by the provider.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Medication Associate must exhibit the following competencies:
- Leadership: Inspire the trust of others; balance team and individual responsibilities; give and welcome feedback; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, contribute to holding each other accountable and building a positive team spirit; put the success of team above own interests.
- Integrity and Ethics: Treat people with respect and individuality regardless of their status or the situation; do what you say; be fair and equitable in all interactions; be a good steward of company resources; actively contribute toward employees’ success and the Community’s goals; uphold organizational values.
- Dependability: Maintain work behavior that invites trust and reliance; role model positive attendance and punctuality standards; ensure work responsibilities are completed correctly and are covered when absent; arrive at meetings and appointments prepared and on time.
- Professionalism: Uphold high works standards that reflect the company’s purpose and goals; accept responsibility for own actions; react to challenges positively and calmly; provide leadership in maintaining highest technical and customer service standards for the benefit of the residents served.
- Innovation: Meet challenges with creativity and resourcefulness; remain open to change, others ideas, and trying new things; generate suggestions for improving work processes, services and products.
- Oral Communication: Speak persuasively, with intention and thought, in both positive and negative situations; fully listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings without dominating others.
- Written Communication: Write clearly and informatively; present numerical data effectively; read and interpret written information; ensure adequate, effective communication with all team members to maintain company values, goals, and culture.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; monitor and self-correct own work processes and outcomes; apply feedback from others to improve performance. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates support of the corporate mission (by actions and attitude), policies and procedures and assures consistent compliance.
- Establishes departmental goals consistent with corporate goals and objectives.
- Organizes and facilitates regular staff meetings with the goal of positive, motivating team building, as well as staff problem solving and support.
- Facilitates appropriate upward and downward communication.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to appropriate manager.
- Communicates positively with residents, families, and community professionals.
- Acts as shift supervisor as assigned. h3. Medication Assistance
- Accurately prepare, assist/administer and document medications as prescribed. Immediately report any errors to supervisor.
- Accurately take and record vital signs
Accurately count and sign medication administration record for controlled drugs Resident Care:
Performing personal care needs outlined in service plan and attending to the resident’s and family requests promptly as needed
- Providing proper care and observation of resident’s skin to prevent breakdown and reporting when skin breakdown occurs immediately to the shift supervisor or the Health and Wellness Director.
- Reporting on resident’s condition and significant changes to the supervisor.
- Transferring resident as needed to meals and activities as well as assisting with dining room duties as directed.
- Respectful of resident and family/caregiver environment and resident’s personal needs. h3. Communication
- Maintains regular communication with the Health and Wellness Director
- Associate to review residents and help with managing needs (this may include unusual or potentially problematic resident/family issues) and reports changes in the resident’s condition promptly.
- Promotes resident independence, respects privacy, and maintains residents’ rights to decide about care and reports findings to supervisor.
- Works in cooperation with the family and outside providers to meet the physical/emotional needs of the resident. h3. Other Activities:
- Completes documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory standards of timeliness, accuracy, and completeness via electronic record.
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted resident assignments.
- Participates in all mandatory staff in-services, meeting, and/or education.
Demonstrates familiarity and abides with the policies of the Community and rules/regulations of state and federal licensing agencies. QUALIFICATIONS:
High School Diploma or GED required.
- Hold a current medication aide permit from the Texas Department of Health as a Certified Medication Aide preferred but not required.
- Previous experience as a RN delegated Medication Associate preferred but not required.
- Must be computer proficient in typing and various programs, including background in EMR.
- Ability to work with others as an effective team builder and team player.
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, multitask, and organize work.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking, both verbal and written.
- Subject to criminal background check and drug screening.
- Holds current CPR certification