HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Sonographer II Registered, Mixed Shift in El Paso, Texas
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing vascular ultrasound techniques and vascular examinations for subsequent evaluation and interpretation by a physician. Core Competencies will be assessed in accordance to the units’ specific patient population served.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, PI program, monthly QI, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
Responsible for care of equipment. Ensures proper reporting of equipment malfunction or downtime.
Performs quality vascular diagnostic studies according to physician orders.
Maintains records of examination data and other pertinent information on patients.
Communicates findings to the physicians interpreting the studies.
Participates in on call coverage as needed.
Maintains professional development.
Attends department meetings.
Maintains completion of correlation studies and materials pertinent to the accreditation of the lab.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Individual Leadership : Demonstrates confidence in own skills, knowledge and ability. Identifies and pursues opportunities for personal growth and demonstrates ability to accept and adapt to change.
- Customer Service : Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Transcultural Sensitivity : Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
- Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety : Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
- Educator : Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates opportunities for patient/family education.
- Infection Control : Demonstrates infection control practices congruent with policies and procedures.
- Performance Improvement : Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities at the department level.
- Financial Accountability : Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and improving department efficiency.
- Information Management : Demonstrates adherence to information management policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Communication : Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills and reporting/activation of the chain of command appropriately.
- Practices Professionalism : Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance.
- Ethics/Compliance : Performs all duties ethically, complying with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws.
- Environment of care : Demonstrates accountability in role and responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
- Job Specific: Vascular Sonographer
REQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION 1. Basic Cardiac Life Support. 2. Registered in Vascular Sonography (RVT) under the ARDMS or CCI.
1. High School diploma or equivalent. 2. Formal training in vascular ultrasound.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Reads and writes Basic English with the skills necessary to understand and transfer physician’s orders and document in medical record.
Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other personnel and/or equipment.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family and external partners needs.
- Knowledge of the cardiovascular system.
- Flexibility with work situations and basic clerical skills.
- Able to recognize abnormalities, correlate information obtained and convey preliminary findings to physicians.
- Proficient sonographic techniques in order to produce accurate and appropriate physiologic information.
- Ability to train subordinates in Vascular ultrasound techniques.
Title: Sonographer II Registered, Mixed Shift
Location: Texas-El Paso-Del Sol Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01512-18908