Lockheed Martin Air System Chief Engineer Technical Advisor, KF-X Program (Level 6) in Fort Worth, Texas
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
Become part of our team as the in-country Chief Engineer Technical Advisor (TA) for the KF-X Program. This program provides technical assistance to Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) to develop an advanced, multi-role fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force. This position will be located in Sacheon, South Korea. The selected candidate will deploy from their current location in the first quarter of 2020. Note: Relocation to Fort Worth, Texas is not required.
The Lockheed Martin (LM) Chief Engineer TA is the primary interface to the KAI Chief Engineer and responsible for overall LM engineer support provided to KAI. Responsible for engineering technical integrity, airworthiness, and safety throughout product development, test and evaluation (T&E), and verification/validation of product integrity through adherence to applicable product and process requirements and standards. The LM Chief Engineer TA roles and responsibilities include the following:
• Support strategy, processes and procedures to meet KF-X air system, including Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and training, requirements and program milestones within schedule and resource constraints
• Participate in technical reviews and provide constructive feedback to KAI KF-X engineering leadership
• Develop issue closure and change decision recommendations for KAI KF-X engineering leadership
• Assist development of metrics and their use to track and manage KF-X product development
• Provide technical briefings such as the KAI-LM Director Meetings
• Lead LM TA team horizontal integration through effective processes and procedures including issue escalation and recommended closure
• LM focal point for air system issue identification, resolution recommendation, and closure status
• Provide the TA team technical flowdown and direction and feedback to program management
• Advise and mentor the TA team on technical and product life-cycle matters
• Review, approve, and provide TA staffing needs to program management
In addition to strong technical skills, the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount. The candidate should also have a background that demonstrates effective cross-functional team building and coordination skills.
Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Candidate must be able to obtain a South Korean VISA and relocate to South Korea.
A level 6 employee Typically has 20 - 30+ years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical discipline from an accredited college.
• 10+ years of experience in technical leadership and project management skills
• Experience with new development tactical fighter aircraft from Critical Design Review (CDR) thru completion of Test and Evaluation (T&E) activities to support airworthiness, IPA and program closure.
• Experience overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously to identify and resolve task conflicts and issues; experience interfacing with customers and subcontractors; proposal technical leadership experience.
• Exceptional skills to mentor and train other engineers
• Experience working on diverse engineering teams
• Experience with military or government programs
• Air vehicle integration including structure, propulsion, avionics, subsystems, routing (electrical, fuel, hydraulic, bleed air, etc.)
• Component and system qualification to meet airworthiness and program requirements
• Development and execution of Test and Evaluation (T&E) activities
• Technical team leadership at senior level
• Experience in working an international tactical aircraft development program
• Demonstrated communication and mentoring skills on a program involving international partners and customers.
• Experience with export and compliance requirements
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs