Cook Children's Medical Center Epic Web/Service Server Eng Sr in Fort Worth, Texas
Summary: The Epic Web and Service Server Engineer Sr. will independently contribute to developing and applying their technical expertise on the Epic technical team that supports Cook Children's Epic technical infrastructure. This includes technologies, systems, networks, data architectures, capacity planning, system performance, and configuration management. Jobs in this family are responsible for developing, testing, maintaining, installing, and/or deploying Epic technologies. In addition, they are responsible for the establishment, development, and promotion of Epic architectures, as well as hardware and software components. This role provides consulting services to the Epic application development teams and/or customers regarding technologies and the application of Epic technology standards.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- 4 years of direct Epic ECSA experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in information technology required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Health Care environment required.
- Understanding of operating system concepts such as user and group ownership and file permissions, file system/volume group configuration, etc.
- Knowledge of PowerShell.
- Ability to create, understand, and follow processes to ensure successful execution of critical maintenance procedures.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Familiar with HIPAA and other regulations that impact hospitals and clinics
- Technical Skills: Hyperspace Web • Networking • Interconnect • System Pulse • Business Continuity Access • EPS • System Performance Analytics • My Chart • Care Everywhere • EpicCare Link • Hyperspace Client • Capacity Management • Scripting/Programming • VMware • Citrix • Windows Server Management
Licensure, Registration, Certification:
- Current Epic ECSA Certification or certification gained within 6 months of employment is required
- One or more Third Party Certifications or certification gained within 6 months of employment is required: Microsoft MCSA o Microsoft MCP o Microsoft MCTS o Citrix CCA-V o Citrix CCA-N o VMware VCP-DCV o VMware VCP-DTM o CompTIA Server+