Texas Health Resources Nursing Supervisor - Emergency Department, Full-time, mid-shift in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Emergency Department as a Nursing Supervisor.
The address is 1304 Pennsylvania Ave; Fort Worth TX 76104
Salary range is Min. $37.34/hr. to Max. $56.32/hr. – based on relevant experience
• Full-time, 36 hours/week, Shift is mid-shift, 3pm-11pm; (3) 8 hour shifts of clinical time;
12 hours administrative time; variable during day time hours, weekends and holidays required
Texas Health Fort Worth, a Magnet designated Hospital, is conveniently located close to downtown Fort Worth and our 100-bed Marion Emergency Care, 75,000 square foot Level II Trauma center is as specialized as its staff. For minor care needs, the ED offers a 10-bed Triage/Assessment/Super-Track area, designed to expedite care colds and minor injuries. Patients who need a higher level of care are taken to the 26-room Quick Care section. Those requiring extensive workups will be taken to one of 42 diagnostic rooms. Patients with critical injuries or illnesses are treated in one of 22 Emergent Care rooms, including three resuscitation rooms for the most severe trauma cases. The ER also has a dedicated area for comprehensive, compassionate care of sexual assault victims.
The essential job duties of this position are:
• Provides bedside leadership and clinical expertise to improve quality of patient care
• Responsible for assisting the manager/director with human resource management to include
Evaluations, coaching, mentoring, recruitment, retention, education and orientation.
• Works with manager/director to control costs and manage department budget and productivity.
• Fosters an environment to promote patient and family centered care through purposeful hourly rounding, bedside shift report, updated care boards, and leader rounds.
• Collaborates with physicians and other members of the healthcare team to promote safe individualized care as well as promoting accountability in enhancing the patient experience.
• Assimilates leadership responsibilities on the unit and throughout the entity and/or system.
• Commits to autonomous maintenance and continuous improvement of competence and serves as a role model to other healthcare team members.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• Associate’s degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred; Nursing Supervisors hired within
THR after April 1, 2017 require completion of a BSN within 2 years of start date
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire
• ACLS (AHA) upon hire
• CPI training within 60 days of hire
• TNCC or ATCN within 1 year of hire; PALS within 90 days of hire
• Two (2) years’ experience as a clinical nurse with previous experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role (i.e. Charge nurse, committee chair, preceptor)
• ED experience strongly preferred
• Computer skills
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.