Textron Trade Classification Specialist in Fort Worth, Texas
Trade Classification Specialist
The TradeClassification Specialist is a hybrid Legal/Engineering function where thesuccessful applicant will play a critical role in ensuring Bell complies with global export and import control laws.These trade compliance laws are vital to ournational security and technological and economic advantage.
The basis forall export compliance programs is the export classification of the items or technologiesthe company wants to sell or share with foreign parties.Likewise, the import classification of itemsdetermines whether they can be imported into the country, and if so, what legalrequirements they carry with them, and how much duty Customs with collect.
Export andimport classification is based on what function the item performs, what it goesinto (an aircraft?an oil pump?an engine?), what material it is made of,dimensions, weights of specific ingredients, as well as many otherfactors.To determine theclassification, you must be able to read and understand complex legalregulations and apply those regulations to product specifications, engineeringdrawings, etc.Details matter and canmake all the difference between an export classification for which a license isrequired, and one which may be exported to customers in all countries (exceptthose subject to a complete economic embargo).Even punctuation matters!If youenjoy gathering clues and using logic to solve puzzles, that’s really what thisjob entails.But you’ll also need to beable to explain in writing how you arrived at your conclusion for record keepingand auditing purposes – so written communication skills are important too.
In the process ofgathering facts to determine classifications, you will work with virtuallyevery function within Bell – engineering, supply chain management, programmanagement, sales, customer support, and legal.And you will work with people at all Bell sites globally.Timely and accurate classification iscritical to Bell’s mission.We can’t ship parts to our customers overseaswithout determining the correct classification first.We can’t share engineering specs with ourforeign suppliers until we know what the classification is, so we can determineif we need an export license, or if the export licenses we have authorize us toshare the data with the recipient.Wecan’t collaborate with innovation partners without understanding what it iswe’re discussing and how it’s controlled.
Primary duties include:
- Apply export//import laws and regulations to accurately assign export/importclassifications to Bell Helicopter products and technologies;
- Document the classification analysis performedfor record keeping and audit purposes;
- Attend and observe program meetings to gather additional facts and setpriorities;
- Partnering with internal and external customers to ensure that program andbusiness needs are met; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's (4 year) degree is required.
-3.0 minimum overall undergraduate GPA is strongly preferred.
- Zero to two (0-2) years experience related to aerospace, import/exportcompliance, international business, engineering, or supply chain
- Demonstrated research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to understand and apply technical and regulatory concepts
- Awareness of and interest in keeping informed of on-going changes affectingU.S. export control laws and regulations
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- Experience classifying items under the Export Administration Regulations(EAR) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, CATIA, BEDVUe, SharePoint, andENOVIA
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc.
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 284849
- Textron Jobs