Dow Chemical R&D/TS&D Technician in Freeport, Texas
Date Posted:Thu, 10 Jun 2021
Country:United States of America
City:Freeport (TX, USA)
At Dow, our TS&D department has an exciting career opportunity for a R&D/TS&D Technician to reinforce our Polyurethane Additive TS&D team in Freeport, Texas.
In this role, you’ll provide basic technical support to prepare and execute experiments for product development, application development, technical service, and/or product or process research.
Responsibilities / Duties
• Works as part of a team in a laboratory supporting chemists and engineers in developing, screening and commercializing new products and process.• Manages and then safely executes laboratory work requests, maintaining and running relevant laboratory apparatus and testing equipment and documenting data.• Prepares for and independently performs standard and some non-routine procedures using relevant equipment and instruments, for which activities may include sample or materials preparations, equipment setup and/or configurations, and proper handling and disposal of waste materials that may be generated from experimental activities.• Accurately and reliably records readings and observations using relevant equipment and instruments.• Acts responsible for calibration, safe operation, and routine maintenance of simple and moderately complex instruments or machinery, and troubleshoots faulty equipment effects repairs or initiates repair processes as appropriate.• Maintains inventories of consumable materials, chemicals, and supplies related to activities by anticipating usage rates, order lead times, and ordering/purchasing procedures.• Promptly and effectively communicates issues to Technology Leader or lead scientists in order to enable or accelerate problem resolution.• Actively participate in work group team meetings to address safety, process improvement, problem solving, and other work group, department, and functional topics.• Conduct research with a variety of materials, including, polymers, foams, composites, and films.• Manages and then safely executes laboratory work requests including foaming and chemical blending at small scale in the lab and at large scale utilizing high pressure heavy laboratory equipment.• Conducts sample preparation using heavy lab equipment and perform material testing, including mechanical testing, rheological testing, and other characterization techniques• Manages data (including electronic notebooks) & conduct data analysis, including results reporting (research reports).
**The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur.
• A minimum of 2 years of laboratory experience is required (education or work).• Must be 18 years old or older.• Must have a current, valid US driver’s license.• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
• Hands on work in chemical/industrial/lab setting is preferred.• Proficient in documentation data.• Use of Microsoft tools.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.• Good interpersonal skills are required.• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.• Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes• Wear and use respirators.• Perform frequent bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds.• Work in tight or closed-in spaces.• Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground.• Stand or walk for extended periods of time.
• A minimum of an Associate’s degree in a science related field.• In lieu of an associate degree or higher, Dow Chemical will consider those with four (4) + years of relevant military experience and a High School Diploma or GED.
This role will have an assessment to complete during the application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to save your application for later.Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on the link. An assessment is required for each position you apply to.
A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visitwww.dow.comor follow@DowNewsroom (https://twitter.com/DowNewsroom) on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available onwww.dow.com.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.
- Dow Chemical Jobs