Dow Chemical Research & Development Technician in Freeport, Texas
Research & Development Technician
Date Posted:Sat, 27 Feb 2021
Position:Research & Development Technician
Country:United States of America
City:Freeport (TX, USA)
Dow has an exciting job opportunity as a Research & Development (R&D) Technician located in Freeport, Texas.
Provides basic technical support to Lead Scientists and Technologist Leaders in the preparation and execution of experimental activities and studies. Provides technical support for product development, application development, technical service, and/or product or process research.
Responsibilities / Duties
• Works as part of a team in a laboratory supporting chemists and engineers in developing, screening and commercializing new products and process.• Manages and then safely executes laboratory work requests, maintaining and running relevant laboratory apparatus and testing equipment and documenting data.• Prepares for and independently performs standard and some non-routine procedures using relevant equipment and instruments, for which activities may include sample or materials preparations, equipment setup and/or configurations, and proper handling and disposal of waste materials that may be generated from experimental activities.• Accurately and reliably records readings and observations using relevant equipment and instruments.• Acts responsible for calibration, safe operation, and routine maintenance of simple and moderately complex instruments or machinery, and troubleshoots faulty equipment effects repairs or initiates repair processes as appropriate.• Maintains inventories of consumable materials, chemicals, and supplies related to activities by anticipating usage rates, order lead times, and ordering/purchasing procedures.• Promptly and effectively communicates issues to Technology Leader or lead scientists in order to enable or accelerate problem resolution.• Actively participate in work group team meetings to address safety, process improvement, problem solving, and other work group, department, and functional topics.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur.
• Requires proficiency with standard workstation software, including Word, Excel, and specialized computer-based systems, databases and/or software applications relevant to supported technologies.• Ability to work overtime as needed per business/project need.• Understanding of laboratory operation and basic Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) requirements such as safe operating procedures and management of change. Strong understanding and commitment to their own and the safety of others.• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
• Two or more years of laboratory experience is preferred.• Experience with Computer Control Systems, Siemens and/or Camile operation and/or programming.• Experience or familiarity operating, maintenance and troubleshooting analytical instruments, such as chromatographs (GC) and mass spectrometers.• Experience with instrument and electrical installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to organize, document and implement consistent test methods.• Passionate about chemistry and developing new products.• Strong written and verbal communication skills.• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.• Detail and result orientated team player.• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.• Ability to manage multiple tasks and have a sense of prioritization based on value and efficiency.• Ability to work independently with high level of demonstrated project execution.
Must be willing and able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.• Wear safety equipment, such as earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes• Stand or walk for extended periods of time.• Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• A minimum of an Associate’s Degree with emphasis in Chemistry, Biology, or similar technology related area is required. In lieu of an Associate’s degree or higher 4+ years of military experience is acceptable.
This role will have an assessment to complete during the application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to save your application for later.Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on the link. An assessment is required for each position you apply to.
A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 109 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 36,500 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $43 billion in 2019. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visitwww.dow.comor follow@DowNewsroom (https://twitter.com/DowNewsroom) on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-800-523-3945.
- Dow Chemical Jobs