CALIBRE Simulation Support Specialist in Ft. Bliss, Texas
CALIBRE, an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Solutions Company is looking for a Simulation Site Lead to provide leadership and serves as the technical subject matter expert for the integration and employment of gaming technologies, simulation systems, and Mission Command Systems (MCS) in support of the U.S. Army Sergeant's Major Academy (USASMA). The Simulation Site Lead provides operational, analytical, and technical expertise to support all aspects of operating fielded hardware and software applications, Simulations, and MCS. The Simulation Site Lead supervises the setup, configuration, and use of Virtual, Constructive, and Gaming simulations and mission command systems to train and educate Soldiers, leaders, and military units. The Simulation Site Lead assists with class and training event planning, design, and evaluation using various components of the U.S. Army Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) simulation network, Army Low Overhead Training Toolkit (ALOTT), and Games for Training (GFT). The Simulation Site Lead acts as the functional or technical expert on the assigned simulation systems and suites, including systems analysis and software programming necessary to resolve complex simulation/stimulation issues.
- Management of the day to day workload for the team to ensure effective and efficient service is delivered and departmental targets are achieved
- Planning and resourcing of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and maintenance shutdown
- Work collaboratively and in concert with the Task Order Manager (TOM), other Site Leads, and Technical and Functional support personnel at multiple locations, providing end-to-end technical and functional support for simulation and Mission Command Systems (MCS) products to the US Army CoEs/Schools/Institutions.
- Support installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of constructive simulations, Virtual/Gaming-based simulations, database preparation and maintenance, scenario creation, controller training, network and system administration on simulation networks, and terrain, modeling and multi-media development
- Supports the installation, operation, and hardware/software maintenance for the ALOTT, GFT, and JLCCTC simulation federation.
- Supports sets-up, transition, and break down for all simulation activities.
- Applies understanding of military doctrine and techniques to a simulation-enhanced training environment.
- Assists the Government’s Lead Action Officer and/or the Senior Operations Analyst(s) in the development of classes and exercise scenario products.
- Analyzes hardware, software, scenario stimulation, data collection, and after action review (AAR) requirements necessary to meet department and course training objectives.
- Supports software testing, analysis, troubleshooting, and Problem Tracking and Reporting (PTR) documentation and simulation systems analysis and management.
- Supports hardware and software installation, networking, and operation; this includes responding to hardware and software problems, applying network security necessary to operate ALOTT, GFT, and JLCCTC simulation models, collecting data, and analyzing results.
- Identifies deficiencies and performance gaps in exercise and training programs; provides AAR inputs, training and operational assessments, and lessons learned recommendations.
- Attends training, seminars, conferences, exercise/experiment planning events, site surveys, and training events to enhance relevancy of products and services to meet operational training requirements.
Prepares insight papers based on training and exercise trends observed; develops reports, briefings, and recommendations to improve exercise design and execution. Required Skills
Three (3) years’ experience on a US Military staff (Battalion or higher)
- Three (3) years’ experience in leading technical teams in support of ALOTT, GFT, JLCCTC simulation federation, or equivalent suites and systems.
- Experience operating simulations, simulators, models, games and MCS
- Experience in developing programs for TCM-ITE integration efforts, Army and Joint Experiments (GFT and Constructive Simulations)
- Knowledge of database management and use of SQL to manipulate information.
- Expertise on simulation exercise network architecture applying new concepts, practices, and developments in communications and computer systems.
- Experience developing training requirements in support of the operational units or military schools.
- Knowledge of UNIX, Solaris, Linux, Oracle, Windows server and client software, and Oracle.
- Knowledge of and experience with Army organizations and or Army constructive models and simulations.
- Knowledge of High Level Architecture, Distributed Interactive Simulation, and Test Enabling Architecture interoperability; familiarity with Simulation Object Model and Federation Object Model Development and employment.
- Experience using entity constructive simulations and virtual simulations for military brigade and below training.
- Experience in software testing, analysis, troubleshooting, PTR writing, analyzing, and management.
- Experience with encrypted Local Area Network and Wide Area Network Operations.
Knowledge of the processes and procedures related to supporting TRADOC Schools, TCM-ITE, NSC, or Mission Training Complex events. Required Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university, or technical school in Computer Science or a technical discipline. Relevant experience leading a technical team using Joint and Army simulations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Possesses DoD 8570.01M IAT II certification: CompTIA Security+ or higher Information Assurance certification.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Possesses and maintains an active SECRET clearance.
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team.
Tracking Code: TSO 2421-585
Job Location: Ft. Bliss, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular