Andersen Windows and Doors Compounder/Blender Operator in Garland, Texas
*Andersen is the largest window and door manufacturer in North America. *
Our Garland, Texas facility is now hiring*Compounder/Blender Operators.*
This is a full-time direct hire. We are offering competitive salary and great benefits. Come join us. We look forward to hearing from you!
PURPOSE: The purpose of Compounder/Blender Operator role is to efficiently assist in operation and maintenance of polymer composite manufacturing processes and equipment. To efficiently assist in providing inventory management support to control production and downtime cost.
Produce material as defined in compounding process work
Monitor twin screw and single screw process conditions and record process information as defined in work instructions
- Monitor secondary systems supporting compounding operations and record process information as defined in work instruction
- Follow all safety and LOTO requirements
- Understand whether equipment is functioning properly by participating in preventive maintenance, adjustments, repairs, and cleaning of equipment/work environment.
- Supports modifications and improvements of equipment to improve/maintain the operation.
- Learn to monitor all pollution control equipment to see that it is performing properly.
- Learn to monitor and maintain the performance of all components i.e. loss in weight feeders, zone temperature controllers, compounder and extruder drive motors, etc. in the compounding process.
- Assist in checking and cleaning dust and fume collections systems so that they are operating properly
- Assist in completing weekly worksite inspections to maintain safety and environmental compliance
- Assist in completing autonomous maintenance activities as prescribed in Data Stream.
- Assist in surveying utilities systems in operation & during repairs and makes changes and engineering recommendations to improve operations and lower costs.
- Readily accepts training from, and provides training to, group associates explaining principles and job instructions.
- Collaborates with teammates and other departments (internal/external) to complete projects.
- Assist in repairs of water, vacuum, pneumatic loading, and compressed air equipment and lines.
- Makes recommendations on manual, mechanical, and electrical changes.
- Record all incidents of process variations and machine breakdown.
- Test process and materials produced per quality control plan.
- Provide attention and service to wood fiber production function.
- Contribute to the development of standard practices for most effective work
- Assists Engineers in incorporation of changes to equipment and processes.
- Coordinate with Purchasing Department to maintain designated inventory levels for raw materials
- Works within Standard work, JBA’s, control plans, work instructions and quality specifications. Works with support staff on keeping standard work documents current and relevant to defined output.
- Performs changeovers to defined standards to meet product specifications.
- Understands the safety needs of the process and works within the parameters defined to protect the equipment, facility and coworkers.
- Use measuring tools for managing product quality within defined parameters of the standard work and quality documentation.
- Identify problems and implement fixes for common issues with the use of Lean Manufacturing tools and standards for continuous improvement concepts, and works with the support staff, management and maintenance on corrective action to resolve issues
- Rotate as required through multiple jobs.
- Knowledge of product, process, and customer’s expectations within the value streams. (upstream and downstream of the process).
- Support and participate in Employee Engagement activities.
- Support respectful workplace.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
High school diploma or GED.
1-2 year experienced in similar processes preferred; Plastics Fabrication a plus
- Basic computer skills to include familiarization with Microsoft Office programs.
- PIT training / fork license required for some tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and standing for long periods.
- Ability to read and understand reports and a requirement to cross train on several operations.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- Strong communication, teamwork, problem solving and leadership skills
- For selected candidates, three months of training will be provided at our headquarters facility at Bayport Minnesota.
Culture & Benefits:
Our vision is to make the world a better place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their association with Andersen. We’re committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring your best self to work.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including, but not limited to:
Health Savings Account contributions
Paid holidays plus PTO
401(k) plan & contributions
Professional development & tuition reimbursement opportunities
A culture that supports work-life balance
An environment where collaboration is key
Volunteer opportunities – on company time
Environmentally conscious business decisions
7,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide
Primary Location: United States-TX-Garland
Organization: Andersen Regional Manufacturing
Job Posting: Oct 14, 2020, 3:31:03 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 27291