Daybreak Venture Weekend Registered Nurse (RN) - Part-Time Weekend Shift in Gilmer, Texas
Weekend Supervisor-Can work 2 weekends a month!
The overall purpose of th Registered Nurse position is to participate in and oversee the provision of resident care as prescribed by the attending physician, consistent with accepted standards of care and within the scope of RN training and licensure. Incumbent also provides direct resident care, and assigns duties to subordinate LVN’s and/or nursing aides as appropriate.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing school and a current, valid license or registration (RN) in the state where employed are required.
- Nursing experience in a long-term care facility is preferred.
- Supervisory experience is desirable.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
Functional literacy in English is required. Essential Functions: The following represents the essential functions of this job to be used to determine if an individual with a physical of mental impairment can perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodation. The other functions listed may be required of all other staff in the position. All essential functions should be reviewed with the Supervisor every six month and new goals established if results are not meeting expectations. This description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee or group of employees and the Employer. The Employer retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment to be proper.
Observes, assesses and reports resident condition/changes, and documentation.
- Assists in collection of data relevant to resident assessment and evaluation.
- Reports changes in residents condition to physician/DON as appropriate .
- Receives, transcribes, and executes physicians = orders.
- Assures implementation of care plans as directed.
- Administers medications as prescribed and as necessary.
- Oversees/monitors functions and activities of subordinate staff.
- Participates in assigning duties for subordinate staff.
- Investigates/documents or provides oversight on accidents and incidents .
- Identifies/secures equipment and supplies.
- Contributes to assurance of resident care consistent with accepted standards of care and established policy and procedure.
- Evaluates staff performance and may initiate appropriate action.
- Is assigned responsibility/authority for decisions relating to nursing services, assigned supervisory duties and related tasks; but may consult with nurse supervisor, director of nursing, administrator, nurse consultants, or other nursing professionals, or other resources.
- Communicates in a professional and courteous manner using effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills with residents, their families, and co-workers.
- Maintains confidentiality of department, resident, employee information, communication, and documentation as well as compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Clocks in and out for all working/training hours. Working off the clock will not be permitted at any time or for any reason.
- Maintain compliance with Daybreakâ€™s Compliance program and plan.
- Adhere to the Daybreak Code of Conduct
- These duties are not all-inclusive but provide minimum performance expectations and will be reviewed in the performance process.
Daybreak Venture is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to our policy of providing equal employment opportunity to employees and job applicants in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations, including federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or genetic information.