Lockheed Martin Systems Staff Engineer (Grand Prairie, TX) in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business is experiencing some substantial growth at our campus in Grand Prairie, Texas!
We are looking for an energetic engineer, looking to grow their skills, while working in a team including both new and highly experienced engineers. You would provide system engineering design and analysis support for our Army air and missile defense programs.
• Requirements development, risk management, trade studies and interface development.
• Performs analyses for total systems at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Prepare, coordinate approval, and maintain program specification trees.
• Conduct system requirements analysis including preparation of system and subsystem functional analysis (hardware and software).
• Prepare requirement allocations to define requirements for lower tier subsystems, considering threat, customer needs, and budget.
• Prepare ECPs for System specification and Performance Specifications based on allocated requirements.
• Coordinate with other company and customer elements to assure approvals.
• Maintain program specifications including necessary coordination of changes, tailoring and review.
• Maintain upward and downward traceability of requirements between levels of system hierarchy.
• Maintain documentation to trace critical requirements to customer documents, design decisions, trade studies, and other major program documents.
• Prepare and maintain requirements verification matrices (including schedule trace) and verify system performance meets the defined requirements.
• Support all Design Assurance, Program, and Peer reviews in support of SE activities.
Please see the You Tube videos below as examples of work completed by the engineers with MFC:.
MFC in Action
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
Experience with the following:
• Systems engineering processes, system architecture principles, and/or systems integration into development program life cycle activities.
• Demonstrated expertise defining and managing system interfaces.
• Model-based engineering, to include standard system modeling tools (e.g. Rhapsody, Cameo, etc.).
• Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS).
• Experience with a development program, and capturing design decisions into trade studies, architecture documents and requirements.
• Ability to assess and evaluate historic work products such as white papers, project reports, case studies, etc. which influence the development of requirements and their associated artifacts.
• Ability to use the results of analysis/trades to shape the architecture of the emerging System.
• Previous experience with data management and data models.
• Credentialed Systems Architect (either internally with LM or externally with an organization like INCOSE) with demonstrated development program experience.
• Experience with Agile DevOps teams.
• Experience with architecture frameworks such as UAF, DoDAF, and SysML.
• Demonstrated experience in enterprise transformation and change management.
• Demonstrated expertise in state of the art of emerging Industry 4.0 technologies, tools and capabilities.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate strong effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability for occasional travel for broad business area facilitation and team interaction (as required).
• Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
• Candidate must be decisive, results-driven, and comfortable taking managed risks.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs