DXP Enterprises, Inc. Application Engineer in Houston, Texas
Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
Responsibilities of Application Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting new/existing products to customers by face to face sales calls, phone calls, lunch & learns, etc.
- Obtaining Requests for Quotes (RFQs) from customers for funded projects while supporting customers for budgets
- Creating a strategy for conversion of a RFQ to a proposal & then a profitable order
- Executing the strategy for conversion of a RFQ to a proposal & then a profitable order
- Creating & maintaining a good customer perception of IFS's products & personnel
- Weekly sales calls to customer on the designated customer list
- Participation in the weekly Inquiry Load meeting to update the status of "Quotes in Progress"
- Participation in the weekly Inquiry Load meeting to update outstanding "Quotes"
- Define & recommend core products, customers, & strategies that will provide maximum value add and return for the organization
- Responsible for proper operations support for sold projects
Qualifications of the Application Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equal experience
- Sound administrative skills and well-developed management skills
- Motivated to make routine face to face sales calls
- Computer skills in Windows based software systems
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled