Honeywell Business Development Manager in Houston, Texas
Business Development Manager
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Manage with a focus on the Americas territory as defined for the Connected Worker Global pursuit (present & future products), reporting to the Global Connected Worker Sales Leader. Will be responsible for proactive personal pursuit of opportunities but also reactive response to appropriate leads generated by the sales force for the complete Connected Worker portfolio. Designated as America’s responsible, working with others (1 other at present in a similar role) to achieve the growth plans for this game changing global initiative, the role will also coordinate across regions on key accounts to ensure global vendor list approval that may require travel outside of the Americas as befits the occasion. Primarily a sales activity, the role will also include mapping of sites either in preparation for a bid or for project management of successful pursuits leveraging regional order execution through local HIS resource and subject matter expertise alignment. The nature of the Connected Worker Solution can lend itself to other globalization/rationalization choices being made (less enhanced) by the client, which are adjacent and/or not part of the Connected Worker Solution sales portfolio, but it is expected that the incumbent will aid the local sales person to bring the opportunity to a successful conclusion using their technical sales prowess.
Grow the Territories Business in the Global Connected Worker Solutions sales and services
Meet and exceed the Sales Targets agreed as part of the AOP (Annual Operating Plan)
Aid improvement of Connected solutions and product line offerings to increase portfolio and be involved in the VOC/OVOC process
25 Project Management
25 Sales Activities
25 Identify Opportunities
25 Drive demand generation
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor degree in business, engineering, sales/marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years solid experience in industrial safety sales
- Demonstrated initiation, management and maintenance of senior/mid level executive marketing relationships, strong familiarity with a variety of field product, solution and consultative/softwaresales concepts, practices and procedures
- Strong PPE safety solutions, gas and other HIS based solutions knowledge and expertise
- Proven HSE program management competency (i.e.: NCSO) will be viewed positively
- Strong computer skills including leveraging internet based technology, Microsoft office applications, (outlook [email, contacts, tasks], word, excel, PowerPoint) and PDA technology
- Possess a good sense of how business needs can be met through innovative technology solutions and insight / disruptive solution selling
- Above average customer focused attitude, professionalism interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong resource management skills to assist in directing cross-functional team efforts to achieve corporate and divisional objectives
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and leadership aptitudes
- Above average presentation / public speaking skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Pro-active and self motivated attitude
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Fluent in Spanish
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req152451
- Category: Business Development
- Location: 1250 W Sam Houston Pkwy S, Houston, TX 77042 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.