H&E Equipment Services, Inc Class A CDL Driver - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
Class A CDL Driver - Houston, TX
H&E Equipment Services is one of the largest integrated equipment companies in the nation that provides the higher standard in equipment sales, rental, parts, and service. With locations across the United States, we pride ourselves on being an equipment company, run by equipment people. We leverage our national portfolio of equipment with a local approach to provide reliability, fair prices and the support of a first-class service team. Where others stop, we continue.
The Class A CDL Driver is responsible for loading, securing, delivering, and unloading of heavy equipment to the customer’s job site in a safe manner in compliance with local, state and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations. Rental equipment will be picked up, loaded and secured for return to the branch. The Class A CDL Driver will be driving a truck and/or tractor-semi trailer (flatbed) combination vehicle over 26,001 pounds and up to 80,000 pounds.
• Plans delivery route based on load weight, height, width, roadway construction and secures equipment loads.
• Ensures the correct bill of laden (BOL) or shipping documentation is in order for the current delivery load.
• Completes a pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection of tractor, trailer and securements. Ensures the truck, trailer and securement is safe to travel before leaving the branch or customer’s site.
• Ensures weight is distributed accordingly for the size trailer and number of axles.
• Ensures the necessary weight and/or oversized permits have been acquired from branch management prior to taking the load from the branch to customer, or from the customer back to the branch.
• Reports immediately to branch management any equipment or vehicle repairs required that would jeopardize safe operation of the truck, trailer or load securements.
• Utilizes ELD system in the truck for proper tracking.
• Ensures the truck has all necessary paperwork for every vehicle driven daily.
• Ensures the heights of the load will clear standard interstate bridge height of sixteen feet (16’) and request an escort if necessary.
• Provides basic customer training on equipment usage as needed.
• Ensures the truck and trailer are labeled, flagged, placarded, etc. for the load being hauled.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• Must be 21 years of age to drive a combination tractor-trailer flatbed heavy haul for H&E Equipment Services.
• One (1) year combination tractor-trailer flatbed experience is required.
• Understand and apply the Hours of Service for Property Hauling drivers defined by FMCSA.
• Able to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) as required by FMCSA.
• Must have a valid Class A CDL from your residence state.
• Must have a valid DOT medical certificate.
• Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and Commercial Driver’s License Information System (CDLIS) must show a valid CDL, current medical certification and self-certification status.
• Must not have any traffic convictions defined by FMCSA that would disqualify a CDL.
• Daily travel to customer jobsites is required.
Searching for a solid, growth-oriented company that values its employees? Join H&E Equipment Services! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and 401K retirement savings plan with company match.
H&E Equipment Services was established in 1961. We are a leading supplier of equipment for construction, earthmoving, compaction, paving and material handling customers. In addition to specializing in rentals and sales, we offer extensive repair and maintenance programs with comprehensive parts inventories, mobile service, planned maintenance, fleet management, crane re-manufacturing and more!
As a leader in the heavy equipment industry, we know that our success is a direct result of the hard work and dedication of our employees. Each employee at H&E is a contributing partner in our goal attainment and future growth, which is why we invest in our workforce and offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a friendly environment.
From our corporate office to our branches, we offer career opportunities for individuals that share our core values and work ethic while maintaining the highest standards of honesty and personal integrity. Positions may be available in sales, rentals, parts, service, accounting, information systems, etc.
We provide training designed to give you the skills and tools you need to succeed.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, short and long term disability, cafeteria (Section 125) program, 401K matching plan, PTO (Paid Time Off) and paid holidays.
If you are looking for a solid, growth-oriented company that values its employees, H&E Equipment Services is the place for you.
H&E Equipment Services is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
H&E Equipment Services will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
H&E Equipment Services, Inc
- H&E Equipment Services, Inc Jobs