Cigna Client Service Consultant - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
The positions is responsible for responding to complex service inquiries requiring Sales involvement, solving non-routine problems using independent judgment and discretion, and ensuring client satisfaction with products and the overall service experience. Coordinates with Sales to ensure service needs are met and potential problems are averted.
This position will require consultative thinking when decisions are needed in real time and for brokers or clients. These decisions or explanations may include how benefits are administered across platforms, the intricacies of specific products and how our networks work. The person in this role must be able to balance capability with client desire and set expectations appropriately with new and existing clients.
· Serves as a subject matter expert on benefits for NBM’s and CM’s
· Maintains knowledge and expertise in all products (benefits and general funding knowledge), programs, services and enrollment activity.
· Handles escalation of service issues internally, using appropriate escalation guidelines.
· Provides support for resolution of complex service issues requiring Sales involvement.
· Provides out of office service support for SM, DCM, NBM’s, and CM’s on complex or escalated service issues requiring Sales involvement.
· Leads “Service project work” required in the local market to proactively identify service issue trends and internal procedures that adversely affect customer satisfaction.
o Partners with Service Operations or other matrix partners to drive resolution of issues and to proactively identify process improvements and increased efficiency
· Proactively educates and provides recommendations to sales to avoid future service issues (for example, identifies a trend with certain Rx formulary issues due to product change that is not being communicated by Sales.)
· May conduct training on Client Resource Portal for high-touch clients or clients with complex structure set-up
o Training done onsite/in person or by phone
o Training is on eligibility and billing system for Facets clients to ensure proper procedures are followed
· Takes the lead to have ex gratia payments processed (for self-funded clients)
· Provides back-up assistance in reviewing completed benefit summaries and SBC’s
· Provides back-up assistance in building new benefit summaries and SBC’s
· May mentor and/or provide guidance and expertise to more junior team members. Also, may provide guidance to Sales Support Consultants on less complex service issues.
· Coordinate with client manager to ensure client needs are met and potential problems are averted. Keeps client manager informed of account status.
· Participates in role-related work groups, special projects, and sharing of best practices
May be responsible for providing client support in the areas of benefit education and open enrollment meetings.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
- Cigna Jobs