JPMorgan Chase Cloud Infrastructure Engineer in Houston, Texas
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of the firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives a potential candidate ability to contribute to wide a range of exciting projects. Our developers enjoy working with front office, quants and other technology teams.
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, who can drive infrastructure transformation across the Athena platform. The successful candidate will have recent hands-on experience with public Cloud platforms such as AWS, Infrastructure-as-Code languages such as Terraform, modern CI/CD pipelines, alongside experience with modern software design patterns.
• Driving adoption of Infrastructure as Code across the Athena Platform, both on-prem and in Public Cloud using Terraform and other industry standard technologies.
• Implementation of CI/CD infrastructure build pipelines to deploy Athena infrastructure to Public Cloud and on-prem datacentres.
• Driving the transformation of Athena architecture to a cloud native pattern which enables the deployment across a diverse range of platforms.
• Expand and improve the current infrastructure code base using modern infra-as-code patterns.
• Automating away manual toil using DevOps best practices.
• Define controls and standards for newly adopted technologies and develop migration plans to drive transformation.
• Participate in the resolution of production incidents related to Athena Core services.
• A successful track record within Infrastructure design and transformation roles
• Extensive experience with
o Provisioning infrastructure services in Public Cloud platforms such as AWS (preferred), Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud
o Designing and writing Infrastructure as Code, preferably using Terraform
o Containerisation and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
• Nice to have - experience with scripting languages, ideally Python
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world
Working as a Technologist in JPMorgan Chase & Co.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- JPMorgan Chase Jobs