Kiewit Corporation CSU Commissioning Estimator Manager - OGC Engineering in Houston, Texas
Requisition ID: 117566
Job Level: Senior Level
Employment Type: Full Time
The Commissioning/Estimator Manager will prepare cost estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements. They will manage the estimating process provided by CSU management and present the cost estimate in various stages of the approval process.
The Commissioning Manager/Estimator will perform the essential job duties and functions of overseeing assigned projects with the overall objective of defining and establishing a pre-commissioning, commissioning, Start-Up and handover execution framework on the project(s) while ensuring the safety, quality, value, timeliness, of the assigned project(s).
This includes supporting the Commissioning Manager in developing, managing and executing all commissioning and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates in the home office.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have the expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, bio diesel and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes commissioning/startup, structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
• Direct a team to develop the test & commissioning procedures.
• Manage & supervise the estimating of various utility, process, control, electrical, fire and gas, safety systems, etc. for the CSU estimate.
• Work closely with various stakeholders including the Proposal Team, Engineering, Procurement, Proposal Sponsor and Construction to provide subject-matter expert advice and leadership.
• Responsible for functionally developing, managing and delivering the means and methods of the commissioning execution strategy, schedule, and cost
• Support the Commissioning Manager on all commissioning activities for a project including the lead staff position responsible for and directing all commissioning activities at the site.
• Ensures best practices by supporting the Commissioning Manager on implementing turnover, pre-commissioning, commissioning, preservation and maintenance processes and systems considering, including: contractual requirements, project, and construction schedule, reliability, maintenance, materials management, change management, permitting and EPA requirements.
• Support the Commissioning Manager for establishing system boundaries, scopes of work, and turnover / commissioning execution plans for the proposal estimate.
• Prepares CSU budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each phase.
• Support/obtain bids from Kiewit Procurement on approved vendors and subcontractors i.e. specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
• Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposal requirements.
• Interfaces with proposal schedulers to implement CSU schedule and timelines into the master schedule.
• Communicates turnover / commissioning roles and scope for members of design and construction teams; understands the commissioning test plans/protocols, and coordinates and/or attends design, construction and operability reviews to meet project deadlines while continually monitoring critical path and prepare schedule impact reports for project management.
• Provide input on as-built drawing preparation and fleet management documentation.
• Be involved & participate in vendor supplier, and/or subcontractor meetings to resolve issues.
• Proactively assess progress, completion forecasts and provides solutions to mitigate schedule delays or optimize project completion.
• Planning and scheduling for owner interfaces.
• Track and report budget expenditures against projected budget.
• Ensure availability of spare parts and consumables for initial systems operation.
• Hold daily/weekly progress meetings and issues timely reports.
• Responsible for communication to the CSU Director on proposal status updates.
• Review CSU proposal deliverables with the CSU Director prior to any project reviews.
• Promote and insist on good housekeeping in the office.
• Promote and ensure compliance with all applicable OSHA, ANSI and other Safety requirements.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending estimating educational workshops and interfacing with Kiewit estimating group.
• Should possess a Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or, 10 years of equivalent work experience.
• 10 years of CSU experience, including one previous assignment in a CSU Leadership Role.
• 5 years’ experience in developing cost estimates on various proposals
• Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 10 years of prior experience working on International Oil & Gas Projects.
• Strong Knowledge of process technology and the technical principles related to O&G, LNG, NGL, Gas Dehydration, SRU’s & GTL plants.
• Knowledge of internal engineering systems and tools.
• Knowledge of PC, Windows, Office Software and IT implementation background.
• Oil and Gas Industry Safety Standards and requirements.
• Capable to Read, interpret & prepare applicable technical information.
• Knowledge and maintenance of PLC and PC based control systems.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs