SMG Exhibitor Services Coordinator in Houston, Texas
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Exhibitor Services Coordinator at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Exhibitor Coordinator to join our team. The Exhibitor Services Coordinator under general supervision, provides a variety of administrative and operational support to designated personnel and/or departments. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Provide excellent customer service when assisting exhibitors, guests and internal staff at all times.
- Respond in a timely manner to exhibitor inquiries, both verbal and written communication.
- Process, route and file incoming and outgoing correspondence and ensure timely replies and/or action.
- Review all correspondence to remain informed of all activities and pertinent information.
- Attend event meetings as required.
- Process exhibitor orders through the online ordering system (Boomer) for trade shows daily.
- Maintain a variety of records and/or files such as daily deposits, expense records, and exhibitor services event reports.
- Work exhibitor services desk in the NRG Center and the NRG Arena as facilitated by event management.
- Coordinate and assist all Exhibitor Services Part-Time service desk staffing.
- Prepare Exhibitor Services desk materials for conventions and trade shows.
- Handle and balance cash for service desk.
- Maintain and order all necessary supplies and materials for exhibitor services department.
- Order Exhibitor Services Part-Time staff uniforms and performs audits of inventory.
- Responsible for preparing parking pass request received for events and document in Boomer.
- Create parking memos or parking credential boards for event staff.
- Promptly FedEx necessary client materials.
- Maintain and perform quarterly audits of parking pass inventory.
- Perform and/or assist Finance department with electrical collections for conventions or trade shows.
- Receive and screen telephone calls.
- Research industry trends for further efficiency of services offered.
- Assist Event Services as necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess knowledge of the principles of facility management, building operations, maintenance practices and safety requirements.
- Coordinate and satisfy the requirements of multiple events occurring simultaneously.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Knowledgeable in online ordering and online ordering systems.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Polite and helpful demeanor when assisting patrons, exhibitors, clients, subcontractors and staff.
Education and/or Experience
- Four (4) years of college level business training and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a clerical, secretarial positions or experience in working events; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of exceptional customer service and Exhibitor Services practices required.
- Previous administrative experience and event experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint Adobe Acrobat and Nitro Pro..
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
How To Apply: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000316334906#/
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 832-667-1806.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled