The Life Property Management Groundskeeper in Houston, Texas
Do you take pride in your work? Do you want to work for a company that provides you with a career path? Do you have experience with groundskeeping or janitorial work? Do you like working outdoors? Are you a team player? Do you want to grow in your career? Do you want to work for a company that prides itself on company culture and fostering a fun work environment? If you said yes to these questions, then we want you!
Who are we? The Life Properties is a privately-owned, fully integrated real estate operating company focused on acquiring, owning, renovating, and managing multi-family investment properties nationwide. Growing at a rapid pace, The Life Properties manages more than $500 Million in assets, owns 6,000+ apartment homes, and provides a unique housing experience to more than 10,000 residents. We are a team of experts in our field who have strong personal values and standards, are ambitious, and are hard-working.
What do we offer? Competitive compensation package with a variety of benefit options. A great group of people that believe in working together for the greater good and having fun while doing it! A team that supports your personal and professional growth and is willing to make investment to help you achieve your long-term goals.
What you will do: Under the general direction of management, the Groundskeeper ensures that the residential community always looks clean and presentable.
What your day to day will look like:
• Maintains the grounds of the assigned property. Cleans the exterior and surroundings of each building.
• Pressure washes the exterior of each building and sidewalks on a rotating basis.
• Removes debris from building gutters for preventative maintenance and insect control purposes.
• Maintains a clean and uniform landscape by collecting all debris around buildings and within breezeways.
• Applies pesticides and lawn chemicals to the grounds as needed to maintain a weed-free landscape.
• Rakes mulch from buildings for insect control purposes.
• Monitors the property landscape and notifies management of any problem areas or safety hazards.
• May perform pool maintenance such as cleaning and removing debris.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
What you will need to succeed:
• High school diploma/GED
• Groundskeeping, janitorial or related experience preferred
• Valid drivers license required
• Top notch customer service skills
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
• Must be able to read/write
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk use hands and fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The associate must be able to lift 25 pounds individually and up to 50 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
• Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and visually determine the correct working order of physical aspect of units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small details.
• While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions as well as dirt and/or dust.
Job ID: 2021-1404
External Company URL: https://www.thelifeproperties.com/
Street: 131 Aldine Bender Road