Robert Half International Human Resources (HR) Assistant in Houston, Texas
Do you thrive in a positive and exciting work environment? A well-known company for its stellar work environment has an opening for a Resource Coordinator. The ideal candidate would be highly-skilled and motivated. Daily responsibilities will include handling a variety of personnel related administrative tasks and providing clerical support to the HR department and employees regarding human resources related activities, policies, processes, and procedures. If you're based in the Houston, Texas area, you may want to check out this HR Assistant opportunity offered on a long-term temporary-to-full-time basis.
• Manage a centralized inbox of scheduling updates. Ability to organize the inbox and follow-up on questions and/or issues.
• Ability to learn and work independently in our Resource Management system, People Planner. Responsible for daily schedule updates into People Planner.
• Generate, QA and distribute ad hoc Resource Management reporting. Ability to understand, question and follow-up on necessary items.
• Proactively follow up with individuals to ensure schedules are accurate, notifying employees of changes to the schedule.
• Liaise daily with Talent Manager contacts.
• Proactively notify Talent Managers of employee availability and look to identify opportunities when employees show availability.
• Liaise with Talent Managers to schedule Challenge Schools for new hires and/or promotes.
• Review career profiles and skills in our HRIS and on iShare, ensuring that employee bios and profiles are up to date. Run reports for Talent Management leads as needed.
• Follow up with individuals that have missed their timesheets or are showing schedule variance and compile a weekly report to distribute to Talent Management leads.
• Review and action various tasks, including, maintaining the regional Sold But Not Staffed list, granting access to codes in iTrac, , and managing employee maintenance in People Planner.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Business Administration, Communications, Human Resources) preferred
2+ years of administrative support experience
Ability to take and follow direction, yet work independently and be self-motivated
Demonstrated track record of successfully working with and learning new technologies and systems
Business acumen and an ability to understand the Talent Management process, identify any issues that may arise and problem-solve accordingly
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Professional, a team-player, and detail-oriented
Ability to problem solve and to think creatively to offer solutions
Ability to deal with conflict
Excellent administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to follow-through.
Strong client/service orientation
Strong proofreading and editing skills.
Ability to coordinate and maintain follow-up on a number of projects simultaneously
Ability to prioritize changing workloads
Ability to handle confidential information in a strictly professional manner
Advanced skills in Microsoft applications, especially Excel and Outlook
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $21.85 - $25.30 / Hourly
Location: Houston, TX
Date Posted: February 23, 2021
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 04170-0011714347
Staffing Area: Office u0026 Administrative
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs