Macy's Macy's South Region, Houston, TX: Regional Manager, Mattresses in Houston, Texas
The role of the Regional Manager, Mattresses is to focus on supporting the growth of the Big Ticket Mattress business. This position works directly with the BT National Director of Business Development. The key focus of this position is to drive Mattress sales, develop training materials, analyze and adjust operational policy based on business priorities and shifts, and create and disseminate all BT operational communications to store leadership. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Develops mattress business strategy with the National Director of Business Development.
• Oversee sales and profit of Mattress business; shifting priorities as necessary.
• Coach to consistent achievement of high standards in all performance zone categories related to Mattresses
• Direct involvement in planning and development of new Big Ticket projects.
• Explore new business ideas and opportunities leading to sales and profit growth.
• Develop and maintain Big Ticket University and all training programs.
• Create on online mattress training, set the agenda and conduct presentations in skype calls and webinars ongoing.
• Develop talent in partnership with store leadership. Attract new talent to the company.
• Work closely with our Merchants, MCHD, MLO, and MCCS partners to assure we optimize Mattress performance.
• Establish policy and communicate all training alerts for Mattresses.
• Support onboarding process with all store openings or expansions with live training sessions.
• Create exceptions reports for inconsistent performance to identify opportunities and develop action plans for improvement.
• Organize recognition activities, including STMS programs and contests for Mattresses.
• Utilize exception reporting and identify sales and profit driving opportunities and coach to improvement.
• Train District Directors, BT, Ops Directors, Merchandise execution team and store leadership on mattress initiatives.
• Place a high priority in developing effective solutions to customer needs.
• Operate as project lead in all new Mattress locations, including floor planning, density, assortment and training.
• Flexible travel schedule with 75% travel.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience in Big Ticket required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve lifting up to 75 pounds, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Ability to travel throughout the region required.
• Strong leadership profile with exceptional interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills.
• Supportive of customer experience and selling programs.
• Self-starter, goal-driven, with ability to multi-task.
• Must be creative in training of product knowledge and motivating store colleagues on daily objectives.
Proficiency in Excel, InDesign, Photo shop, Word.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and weekends, and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving, special Big Event days, and the day after Christmas, based on department and store/company needs.
- This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Job: Other Non-Selling/Support
Req ID: 99700145