HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Occupational Therapist (OT) PRN in Houston, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aOccupational Therapistto join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
*HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, Texas*
*Occupational Therapist (OT)*
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwestis a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwestis affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
*What you will do in this role: *
• The Occupational Therapist assesses the specialized needs of each patient, develops a safe plan of care, implements and modifies it as necessary in accordance with hospital and departmental policy, American Occupational Therapy Association Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice and Texas Practice Act.
• Strong assessment/evaluation skills
• Clinical competence in treating a variety of acute care clients-orthopedic, neurological, integumentary, medical. • Proficient in Electronic Medical Records documentation.
Education: •Bachelors in Occupational Therapy is required. Masters degree is preferred.
What qualifications you will need:
• Current License by the Texas State Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support course (BLS or BCLS) and certification is required.
• One year of experience with Orthopedic and Neurological patients preferred.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Occupational Therapist (OT) PRN
Location: Texas-Houston-HCA Houston Northwest
Requisition ID: 26920-122849