SMG Parking Gate Supervisor in Houston, Texas
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-Time Parking Gate Supervisor at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Part-Time Parking Gate Supervisor to join our Parking team. The Parking Gate Supervisor, under direct supervision, is responsible for supervising the gate operation and parking sales transactions of all guests within the NRG Park property on a daily event basis. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Must have knowledge of cash handling procedures.
- Collects cash and/or validations and maintains security of cash.
- Ability to handle cash transaction accurately and quickly.
- Make change and issues receipts or tickets to customer for each transaction.
- Must be able to balance collected revenues with the ticket stock.
- Supervise all gate operations.
- Operate and troubleshoot equipment such as Ticketmaster scanners, any applicable cashless parking equipment and radios.
- Responsible for leading and supervising Cashiers.
- Effectively train and direct the activities of Cashiers assigned to the gates and set the standard for customer service.
- Monitor performance of the Cashiers assigned to the gates.
- Monitor traffic flow into the gates.
- Ensure Cashiers follow all company policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintains labor on all events and ensures labor is within the projected guideline.
- Responsible for informing and communicating event information to subordinate staff.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to cash handling and proper use and care of the equipment.
- Maintain an effective working relationship both subordinate and superior staff.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Demonstrate knowledge in industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures and event-related services.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Promote a professional and clean environment at all times.
- Maintains cleanliness of booth and picks up trash in the surrounding area.
- Follow all safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Position is routinely required to work outdoors and is exposed to year round weather elements (heat, rain, cold, etc.)
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- (2) years cash handling experience in a fast paced environment required.
- Technical School Certificate or Degree is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Not applicable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
How To Apply: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000388576906#/
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1806.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled