HCA, Hospital Corporation of America PBX Operator Lead in Houston, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aPBX Operator Leadto join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
*_The Woman’s Hospital of Texas – Houston, TX
PBX Operator Lead - Communications - PRN (as needed)_*
Since 1976, The Woman’s Hospital of Texas has been the state’s premier facility dedicated to the health and well-being of women, newborns and children. The hospital’s 397 beds offers expertise and outstanding care in breast health, imaging, gynecology, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy, neonatology, minimally-invasive surgery and pediatric care.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Prepares, maintains, and ensures timely distribution of Communications staff schedules to employees and manager.
- Prepares and maintains up-to-date records of employee attendance.
- Notifies Manager of all potential scheduling conflicts and staffing issues.
- Maintains employee phone list and Communications Department on-call list.
- Maintains filing and record keeping system to allow for easy retrieval of information.
- Acts as contact person for special projects and coordinates completion of projects in a timely manner.
- Coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Submits weekly supply orders to manager.
- Participates in the performance improvement activities within the Communications Department.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation and composition in the preparation of correspondence and reports.
- Proficient in the utilization of appropriate office equipment, including the computer systems and programs. Utilizes equipment and supplies efficiently.
- Participates in relevant in-service programs and other self-directed learning activities that promote growth in position responsibilities.
- Routes all incoming calls and maintains appropriate telephone records.
- Operates the public address system consistent with established Hospital policies and procedures.
- Accurately completes and maintains all necessary logs, records, and forms which are required by Hospital.
- Maintains facilities and equipment and informs the appropriate staff when repairs are needed.
- Participates in on-call rotation as required by position.
- Behavior consistently reflects that working as a team is more important than self-interest.
- Demonstrates punctuality in arriving to work and promptly reporting to assigned area.
- Demonstrates teamwork by providing positive feedback and encouragement to coworkers.
- Monitors entryways and grants access to patients, visitors and staff according to established policies.
- Performs clerical procedures and other duties as assigned by the Communications Manager and/or the HIM Director.
What qualifications you will need:
- Prior customer service skills training
- Proficiency in using Word and Excel.
- Previous scheduling experience
- Previous experience in telecommunications and/or PBX console operations
- Previous experience in customer service
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters.We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: PBX Operator Lead
Location: Texas-Houston-The Woman%27s Hospital of Texas- Houston
Requisition ID: 00162-127156