HARRIS COUNTY Post-Doctoral Fellow in Houston, Texas
The Post-Doctoral Fellow writes psychological reports in a timely manner, demonstrates a strong case of conceptualization skills, provides DSM diagnosis and makes appropriate clinical recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts psychological testing by utilizing a clinical interview and administering and interpreting standardized assessment instruments.
- Provides clinical supervision to psychological doctoral interns and practicum students.
- Interacts effectively with judges, attorneys, and other court staff in the collection of information and collaboration on assigned cases.
- Participates and provides clinical input in multidisciplinary case staffing.
- Provides related mental health training/education as needed within the agency in the community.
- Participates in clinical supervision with a doctoral-level psychologist.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position will require working with dangerous/aggressive youths; should possess a high tolerance for working in an emotionally demanding/stressful work environment.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer https://hrrm.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/EqualEmploymentOpportunityPlan.aspx If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email ADACoordinator@bmd.hctx.net
- Ph.D./Psy.D. from an accredited college or university in professional psychology (i.e. Clinical, Counseling, School)
- Doctorate degree must be obtained by September 1, 2021.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- A valid driver's license (Texas upon hire) and possess and maintain liability insurance in at least the minimum amounts required by law.
- Every employee is subject to random testing for drug and alcohol or if there is a reasonable suspicion to believe that the employee is under the influence of a substance prohibited by this policy while in the course and scope of employment.
- All new employees are required to undergo and pass a physical examination administered by the Department Approved Contract Physician. At the time of the physical, applicants must present evidence of a tuberculosis (TB) skin test. In the event of a positive test, the applicant will be required to provide additional documentation.
- Upon receiving a conditional job offer, every applicant undergoes a criminal background check, drug screening, an achievement test, and psychological and physical examinations.
- If public emergency is declared by county, staff could be assigned to other duties and/or facilities and/or under the supervision of another county department.
Certified copies of transcripts of educational credentials and/or college credits will be required during hiring process.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's education and employment history. Resumes are welcome, but _we do not use _any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration. General Information
Monday - Friday / 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. SALARY:
$22.54 per Hour
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
"DUE TO THE VERY HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE, ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING FOR THE HARRIS COUNTY JUVENILE PROBATION DEPARTMENT."
Juvenile Probation Department Human Resources
Salary: $22.54 Hourly
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Internship
Department: Juvenile Probation Department
Job Number: 05922
Closing: 2/14/2021 11:59 PM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240 Houston, Texas, 77002