HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pre Insurance Verification Manager in Houston, Texas
Job Summary – The PTAC Central Unit Manager is responsible for managing all activities related to day-to-day operations of the Central Scheduling, Preregistration and Insurance Verification departments (as assigned). Performs Scheduling, Preregistration and Insurance Verification processes when necessary to ensure targets are met. Performs QA audits, tracks and trends performance and productivity by employee. Provides ongoing training and education. Assumes responsibility for staffing, problem solving, and leading by example. Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
Supervisor – PTAC Central Unit Director
Supervises – Direct supervision of all Central Scheduling, Preregistration and Insurance Verification staff (as assigned)
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Assist PTAC Central Unit Director in the oversight of the PTAC Central Unit including Scheduling, Preregistration and/or Insurance Verification.
• Assist and/or perform maintenance of Scheduling Dictionaries including meeting with ancillary departments to resolve dictionary issues
• Site visits as requested by Patient Access Directors or Regional Patient Access Director
• Perform Central Scheduling functions when needed to ensure telephone hold times are kept to a minimum
• Ensure QA is performed on a sample of functions; maintain statistics and reports
• Assist with development and/or creation of all Central Unit areas education materials
• Provide continuous training for and communicates changes to existing employees
• Prepare payroll and completes monthly work schedules as needed to ensure adequate staffing levels
• Follow-up on patient and physician complaints promptly
• Implement and promote excellent customer service
• Work closely and professionally with outside agencies on special projects
• Ensure timely indexing of physician orders
• Ensure timely completion and appropriate documentation of financial clearance activities: verification, authorization, pre-registration, estimation, notification, etc.
• Interview, hire, evaluate, and counsel Central Scheduling and Insurance Verification staff members
• Perform evaluations in a timely manner
• Train new employees in all aspects of their assigned job
• Supervise and maintain the productivity of employees
• Process all paperwork in a timely manner
• Work closely with stakeholders to ensure all procedures regarding patient accounts are completed in a thorough and timely manner
• Complete monthly reports to the Director
• Responsible for Dept. Operations Report, FTEs and Operating budgets
• Ensure all personnel policies are followed
• Develop and maintain policies and procedures
• Effectively manage and direct all areas to ensure quality, productivity, and customer service
• Act in the capacity of Director in his/her absence
• Contribute to A/R goals for patient registration
• Conduct monthly staff meetings and in-services for all responsible areas
• Assist with Meditech upgrades as deployed
• Work closely and professionally with Nursing and Ancillary Departments in an effort to maintain teamwork approach
• Recommends sufficient number of qualified/competent staff.
• Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising quality of care of the services delivered.
• Attends in-service presentations, and complete mandatory education week including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA Standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required.
Minimum three years’ experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience OR completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Pre Insurance Verification Manager
Location: Texas-Houston-Shared Services - Houston
Requisition ID: 08948-159371