Paradigm Healthcare, LLC Regional Health Information Manager - Medical Records in Houston, Texas
Paradigm Healthcare is excited to be expanding our clinical team. We are looking for a Regional Health Information Manager who are passionate about helping others. The primary purpose of the Regional Health Information Manager is to maintain resident electronic medical records and health information systems in accordance with current federal and state guidelines as well as in accordance with our facility’s established privacy policies and procedures.
Paradigm Healthcare was founded on the belief that by empowering each other, we can achieve more and provide better care to every patient we serve. We believe in taking a fundamental and basic human approach to our business, keeping it simple, real and to the point. We believe that by building an empowered team, who knows the value they hold, we can provide an unparalleled level of care to the residents who count on us.
Requirements: Health Information Management (HIM) Certification
- Oversee medical records and health information systems in 3 facilities per week.
- Develops schedule for and conducts routinely audits medical records for required documents and signatures.
- Audits resident records on a monthly basis, audits discharged resident records, and audits new admission records according to established criteria to assure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Ensure departments are noting medical record prior to uploading
- Scan/upload documents into electronic medical record based on appropriate category
- Mails forms needing completion or signature to physician as needed and maintains physician telephone order log.
- Ensure discharged records are complete
- Maintains control of the release of information by retaining charts for examination by physicians, and copying of record for other authorized personnel with management approval.
- Upholds confidentiality according to HIPAA rules and regulations.