Abbott Buyer II in Irving, Texas
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
-Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Irving, TX currently has an opportunity for a Buyer II.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Working under limited supervision, procures any combination of materials, services and supplies used in the entity to support assigned team. Negotiates and purchases raw materials and expense items. Provides support for all basic aspects of purchasing including but not limited to vendor negotiations, vendor analysis, cost reductions, utilization of the purchasing system, expedition or orders and vendor relations.
Supports senior team members to establish long term contracts which are not managed by the commodity management teams.
• Prepares PO’s per requirements of MRP/requisitions and monitors delivery of product against PO’s.
• Plans and schedules deliveries to optimize inventories in support of production schedules.
• Works with suppliers to maintain supplies, minimize shortages of supplies and manage appropriate levels of safety stock.
• Facilitates changes of component specifications.
• Coordinates the return of damaged goods, replacement items, or credit arrangements.
• Arranges for vendor corrective action and works with SQE and suppliers to improve quality.
• Monitors suppliers and tracks their performance, working with senior purchasing team members to resolve non-conforming product issues. • Creates and maintains mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
• Maintains and updates supplier databases as required.
• Generates reports of moderate complexity, as needed, with solid understanding of purchasing and product line operations.
• Provide materials support for new R&D projects.
• Works with inventory control/warehouse management to resolve issues.
• Lead or participate in special projects intended to reduce cost, increase efficiency, etc.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
• Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Conduct quarterly business reviews with suppliers
Conduct presentation to senior management on responsibilities
Support TPM’s and extended Abbott staff in Singapore
Negotiate pricing agreements/contracts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
B achelors Degree or equivalent experience desired.
Three to six years (3 to 6) materials planning & purchasing experience in growth-oriented manufacturing environment required.
NAPM/APICS affiliation and certification is desirable.
Excellent demonstrated communicative, analytical and creative skills required.
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
Complete understanding of MRP and MRP II techniques, principles and concepts.
Very knowledgeable of Excel, v-lookup, macros, power BI
Parts/component buying for manufacturing operation
Experience using Oracle for MRP database (or JD Edwards)
Lean Six Sigma certified
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com (http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx)
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abbott Jobs