Citi IT Project Sr. Manager - Vice President in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 18032396
CIS Projects team is seeking an IT Strategy Program Manager reporting into Core Infrastructure Services Project Portfolio Head. The IT Strategy Program Manager will be accountable for execution of key IT strategy initiatives such as:
• Large scale data center migrations: Involves moving of non-production and production workload to the optimal location, while rationalizing the number of locations from which Citi hosts infrastructure
• Execute/deliver NextGen Network IT Strategy Initiatives
• Asset Optimization/Cloud Adoption: Involves adoption of strategic Cloud platforms leveraging Cloud solutions such as Infrastructure as a Service, Database as a Service, Platform as a Service and Storage as a Service.
This candidate is responsible for managing the initiative, engaging and working with key business partners and driving to successful outcomes within a given timeline. This position will have primary focus on planning, execution and delivery of IT Strategy initiatives.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Project planning, execution, and control for risk initiatives
• Manage large, transformative initiatives that impact multiple LOBs and/or products
• Identifying and managing to the critical path and milestones of a schedule
• Identification of risks which impact program and project deliverables with follow through on mitigation, resolution and path to green.
• Closely monitor project progress and ensure timely completion
• Adhere to Citigroup project management processes and procedures.
• Direct the communication of status and issues to all stakeholders, including senior management, on a timely basis
• Prepare and report project status on a regular basis, including metrics needed for various risk groups
• Work with stakeholders to ensure project scope definition to meet business objectives
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our missionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
• End to End understanding of Data Center IT components that include End User Computing, Telephony/Voice, Network, Storage and Distributed systems. Mainframe is a plus.
• Full understanding of Databases, Middleware systems, Operating Systems and Replication
• Able to develop programs and framework required for design of metrics, analytical tools, benchmarking activities and related reporting for the identification of best practices
• Fluent in the Microsoft tool suite including SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
• End to End understanding of at least one Cloud Service Provider - AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills. Ability to present to senior levels of management
• Execution oriented with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
• Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams
• Ability to lead strategic planning sessions challenging the status quo where appropriate and drive decision making process
• Experienced in consulting with project stakeholders, including the skills to resolution of conflicting requirements
• Strong consulting and stakeholder management skills and the ability to build and foster internal relationships
• Proven track record in delivery of multiple parallel initiatives
• Proven track record of operational process change and improvement
• 8-12 year’s relevant project experience in Financial Services with track record of success
• Strong Program/Project Management skills/working knowledge of the techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs and resources (PMP Certification a plus)
• Understanding of regulatory requirements
• Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success
• Four year college degree in technology or related discipline
• Master’s degree, MBA or equivalent work experience
• 8+ years of experience in Project/Program management
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Office Products
This role is located in Irving TX.