VIAD Senior Designer in Irving, Texas
WE BRING THE “WOW”!
ARE YOU READY TO BE A “WOW” MAKER?
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement – and every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
Wow I Didn’t Know GES Did That: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mh6q13ji8Hw
Epic Events by GES: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZOfYAWqTqa8
Life at GES U.S.
You have an amazing passion for experiential design and the super ability to integrate graphics, media and physical environment to create an overall holistic experience for our client’s marketing and brand strategies. The senior designer role will work directly with the client, creative director, strategist, account and executive team to create concepts, designs, client presentations for all business opportunities. You will at times assist or lead with creative direction and campaigns, as well as supervise teams and staff on multiple design projects. You are a leader in design, a creative thinker and a project manager all in one.
You will often work independently or alongside the Creative Director to develop design concepts and directions for live experiences, spatial plans, campaigns across multiple projects. This will require them to make conceptual and stylistic decisions. Creating written treatments, layouts, mockups and renderings will be required to illustrate their concepts to the client, other members of the team or management.
You will be the design lead on multiple large scale design projects at one time with tight deadlines. This will include working with geographically dispersed teams, creating designs, providing design recommendations, ensuring all deadlines are met, confirming clients are satisfied with the results and troubleshooting any issues that may arise during the duration of the project. You also may act as quality control for your work by reviewing and editing the team’s final products before distribution of any materials occur.
Incorporate ideas and make revisions in response to the feedback and criticisms of clients and team members in a business-like, open-minded manner. Possess the presence and experience to interface at the executive level, developing and maintaining client relationships.
You are a unicorn... a creative individual with fantastic interpersonal and mad design skills. You are professional, reliable and enjoy doing challenging and fast-paced work. You tackle design challenges like entrepreneur - motivated, passionate and always designing.
• Solid understanding of human behavior and audience demographics - you know that design isn't about the "thing"
• Highly proficient computer skills with Adobe Creative Suite and 3D Studio Max (Audodesk)
• Strong communication skills: written, verbal, visual presentation and meeting facilitation in both individual and group settings.
• Possess strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, spatial layout and typography, a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
• Expert knowledge of design practices such as, brand development, user-centered experience design and event design
• Proven experience in managing small and large projects from inception to project closeout with a strong ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent follow-up methodology.
• Proven ability to manage the everyday details of a project while focusing on the highest quality result.
• Ability to work flexible hours and overtime, as needed.
PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR PORTFOLIO OR A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME SUBMISSION.
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
401K with company match
Career development program
Tuition reimbursement program
Employee assistance program
Community involvement opportunities
And much more……
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability.
Job ID # (iCIMS): 2019-14876
External Company Name: VIAD Corp.
External Company URL: http://www.viad.com/
Street: 1425 Greenway Drive