Robert Half International Software Architect in Irving, Texas
Robert Half Technology is seeking a Software Architect to join our clients Mobile and Technology Innovation team with responsibility for producing design artifacts by translating business needs into technical specifications. The individual will join forces with the rest of the team to discover, strategize, prototype and propose new technologies that will accelerate digital transformation efforts. This position requires a strong technology background, a solid understanding of agile methodologies, and a bias for continuous improvement and operational excellence. Additionally, this position will drive technology innovation across various software systems with a focus on micro services, desktop, web and mobile applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in the definition and maintenance of design pattern standards and principles. Responsible for ensuring alignment to the enterprise and solution architecture standards, industry standards, and best practices when designing solutions.
- Must be able to develop solutions where required, including proof of concepts. This includes producing design artifacts, developing and testing application, service and component code, supporting testing, change and release management, and production operation of code.
- Serve as a liaison between users and information technology professionals to establish user needs, technical design requirements, and analyze and resolve issues related to functionality and performance needs discrepancies.
- Responsible for the analysis of legacy and acquired technologies and the execution plan to support digital transformation efforts from legacy technology.
- Partners with implementation teams and third parties for design and review of projects with respect to adherence to standards, enterprise models, strategies, and best practices.
- Perform research and recommend new technologies that support digital transformation efforts.
- Key player in knowledge transfer to implementation teams, mentoring of junior staff, and technical design reviews.
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing and delivering solutions.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience to explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high level decision makers.
- Strong understanding of SOA, Micro services, SOLID and IoC design principles.
- CI/CD automation experience.
- Demonstrated technical leadership with a desire to mentor, teach, and lead teams.
- Ability to collaborate with peers.
- Ability to write technical documentation for various audiences including development teams, quality assurance team, and management.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with a desire to bring issues to resolution.
- Strong SDLC, project management, time management, and tracking/reporting skills.
- Aptitude for discovering and learning new technologies and concepts.
For consideration please email resume to [email protected]
.NET Framework Mobile Application Development Design Software Design
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888.674.2094 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2018 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Irving, TX
Date Posted: December 5, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Reference: 04030-0010757266
Staffing Area: Technology & IT