HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Medical Technologist II in Jourdanton, Texas
* *Methodist Hospital South Certified Medical Technologist II Laboratory Department Full Time - Weekends Only - Night Shift Non-Exempt **
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory department. Submit your application today!
Benefits: * * We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist II you are responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease. You will analyze and assume accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs.
What you will do In This Role:
- As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist II you will perform specimen processing and testing independently to include moderate and high complexity testing.
- You will analyze test results - demonstrate knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results.
- You will understand, perform, and practice preventive maintenance on assigned equipment; troubleshoot and take corrective action.
- You will demonstrate pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; know when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
- As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist II you will understand, perform, and practice quality control to include running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required.
- You will communicate any relevant QC information to supervisor/lead tech.
- You will review, write or modify departmental procedures or policies.
- You will meet timeliness for gaining skills. Satisfactorily complete competency checklist for this position.
You will assume responsibility for your own development to include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- High school diploma (or equivalent), with 15 years of clinical lab experience OR
- Associates Degree with minimum 2 years experience in Clinical Lab setting. -OR-
- Bachelor’s Degree required with clinical lab experience preferred. Minimum License and Certificates Required: One of the following certifications is required:
- MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), CLS(NCA), MT(HEW), CLT(NCA),
- MLT(ASCP), or
- MLT(AMT) Certification is waived for those with 5 years of lab experience
Methodist Hospital South became part of the Methodist Healthcare System family in July 2017. With over 60 beds, the hospital serves over 5 counties and is comprised of healthcare professionals with years of training and experience who bring compassion and excellence to their work.
Methodist Hospital South has been nationally recognized as a Five-Star rated facility by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services and by its grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety score. The hospital is also a recipient of the Excellence in Patient Safety Across the Board Award and is designated as a Level IV trauma center and Ambulatory Services Sleep Center. Beyond offering Methodist-quality emergency care, our comprehensive services have expanded into orthopedics, cardiology, sports medicine and urology, and will continue to grow as the area’s needs increase. For more information, please visit our website atwww.methodisthospitalsouth.com.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Certified Medical Technologist II
Location: Texas-Jourdanton-Methodist Hospital South
Requisition ID: 26890-103861