AdventHealth Certified Medical Assistant in Killeen, Texas
Certified Medical Assistant - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time - Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Perform clerical duties for physician clinic.
· Answer telephones in a professional and courteous manner, take messages in the EHR system and task to proper Care Team Member.
· Schedule new and follow-up appointments
· Communicate appropriately and clearly to patients, co-workers, office manager, physicians and administration.
· Ability to accurately enter patient’s demographics into Practice Management system
· Perform all parts of patient care as a Medical Assistant.
· Confirm all necessary documents have been obtained to treat patient.
· Abstract patient charts into EHR System and scan documents into their chart.
· Welcome patient into Exam Room after the front office has checked the patient in.
· Understands preparing patient’s intake, including vitals.
· Assist physician with any injections and/or procedures – when needed.
· Understand when to obtain authorization for any procedures as needed.
· Check patient out after the provider is done with exam.
· Stock medical cabinets and patient rooms daily.
· Clean and prepare patient rooms throughout the business day
· Keep track of necessary logs for your office
· Ensure all tasks and job duties are performed to an acceptable standard.
· Perform other tasks as requested.
What You Will Need:
· Completion of Medical Assisting Training/courses
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Medical Assistant Certification
· BCLS certification required within 90 days of hire.
Certified Medical Assistant to work in a Medical Clinic with one or more physicians. Tenacious Medical Assistant able to keep patient records confidential and up to date. Works closely with physicians to treat patients and ensure patients are provided quality patient care. Flexible to work in other areas of the physician group as needed and can work with multiple host systems. Works under supervision of Office Manager and assists Physician with clinic needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs