U.S. Air Force - Agency Wide ELECTRONICS ENGINEER in Lackland AFB, Texas
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for* IMPORTANT*additional information.
This is a GG-13 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-13 duties for the "Professional" work category are at the "Senior" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-13 level.
The organizational location: AF LIFE CYCLE MGT CTR, JBSA Lackland, TX
The primary purpose of this position: The function of the AF Cryptographic Modernization (CM) Program Office
Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent performs as a senior communications-security (COMSEC) systems engineer and program manager
- Independently carries out engineering projects requiring the investigation and solution of technical problems and the research, development and design or modification of cryptographic systems
- Plans and coordinates feasibility studies for extensive modifications of major segments of system component equipment including adapting existing COMSEC products for existing applications
- Responsibilities within the functional or subject-matter-area include complete of assignments characterized by large, complicated projects with conflicting issues and many variables and operations
- Manages the implementation of projects through coordination with other concerned organizations, providing information justifications, and explanations as required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
0855 Electronics Engineering
Electrical And Electronics Engineers
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- All new DCIPS employees are required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period.
- Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Relocation Expenses will not be paid
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
- This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force civilian Testing Program.
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Position may require temporary duty travel (TDY) utilizing military and/or commercial transportation.
- Must possess initiative, assertiveness, tact and articulateness to work with a variety of offices/levels/command/agencies.
- Must maintain a professional image (behavioral and appearance).
- Incumbent must be able to perform effectively in an environment of civilian/military government employee and contract employee of higher, lateral or subordinate levels.
- Must protect classified information. Incumbent is required to use sound security practices for ensuring the safeguarding of classified information.
- This position is Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering (SPRDE) Level II, and incumbent must meet the appropriate certificate requirements IAW with Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) no later than 24 months
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS BASIC REQUIREMENTS: Successfully completed a professional engineering degree: The curriculum must be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum or include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS. OR Combination of education and experience that is college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering; and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following: (1) Current registration as a professional engineer by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico, (2) evidence of having successfully passed the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) examination, or the written test required for the professional registration, which is administered by the Boards of Engineering Examiners in various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico, (3) successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and in engineering that included courses specified in the basic requirements or (4) successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field, e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.
NOTE: IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS ABOVE APPLICANT MUST ALSO MEET THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW.
Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Electronics Engineering knowledge in the areas of research, development, test and evaluation and the operational and maintenance characteristics of Information Assurance (IA) system applications.
Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
Click on the following link to view specialized experience for this position:
and for individual occupational requirement please click the following link:
This position has a positive education requirement. If transcripts are not provided, your resume MUST list the appropriate academic field (e.g. biology, mechanical engineering, economics, sociology, etc.) and all courses you have taken (including those failed), which appear to satisfy the qualification requirements of the position for which you are applying. List graduate and undergraduate courses separately. Include the descriptive title and course code, completion date, grade, number of semester, quarter or classroom hours (for education completed at business, secretarial, technical school or military schools) and graduate and undergraduate classes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
Electronics Engineering knowledge in the areas of research, development, test and evaluation and the operational and maintenance characteristics of Information Assurance (IA) system applications
Knowledge of modern telecommunications systems, information systems and networks, weapon systems, and their interaction/interface with IA products
Knowledge of interpreting requirements, specifications, directives, regulations and other related technical, contractual, or management documents pertinent to engineering analysis
Thorough knowledge of electronics engineering and a general understanding of related engineering fields to complete engineering projects
Technical knowledge of COMSEC Communication systems to evaluate applications for a variety of facilities
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUSTprovide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
When job announcements indicate PCS costs are authorized, overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and any applicable Federal Overseas Regulations.
Selectees who physically reside permanently in the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during the entire recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) and selected for employment in the foreign area are eligible to receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, Post Allowance, Home Leave, etc. (subject to approval)
Selectees who physically reside outside the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during any step of the recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) will have foreign area benefits eligibility be determined on a case by case basis.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
A complete Application Questionnaire
Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 06/19/2018
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10236043
To begin the process, click the Apply Onlinebutton to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Applicationbutton at the end of the process. If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10236043
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources* WILL NOT*modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
DCIPS 550 C Steet West JBSA Randolph AFB, TX US
Learn more about this agency
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application.Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502152500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 06/12/2018 to 06/19/2018
Salary: $87,252 to $113,428 per year
Pay scale & grade: GG 13
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent - EXCEPTED