Microsoft Corporation Support Engineer - Microsoft 365 Exchange Online in Las Colinas, Texas
Microsoft 365 Support Engineer – Exchange Online
No two days are the same in Customer Service and Support at Microsoft. We engage in challenging and complex problem solving. We constantly pick each other’s brains and our minds are always abuzz with ideas for helping our customers make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is open and welcoming, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are looking for talented people with a growth mindset, a passion for solving complex issues and obsession for customer happiness.
We are looking for engineers who love putting out fires – people who thrive under difficult and challenging circumstances, who enjoy getting involved in tough situations and learn at the same time.
If you love technology and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and persistence, and it makes your day when a customer or peer thank you for your help, this may be the career opportunity for you.
About the Role:
You will be accountable for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our Enterprise customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage your investigation over the phone and Web.
When needed, you will transfer your cases to your colleagues, involve subject matter experts, or escalate to Engineering (Product Groups) and Management. Your day-to-day job will be about both providing technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues), and being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
Every day you will have to make judgment calls regarding your case load, how to prioritize it, how to maximize your effectiveness, how to set time aside to learn about our new products and technologies, and evolve as a professional.
How your day looks like as a Support Engineer - main responsibilities:
• Be available to take ownership of new cases and escalations.
• Provide support to Enterprise customers, partners, and other engineers.
• Scope customer’s issues and support boundaries by collecting the relevant facts.
• Investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
• Consult with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world, handing the case over to them if necessary.
• Escalate to management as necessary, acting internally as a customer advocate, and keeping the customers informed.
• Collaborate with management and engineering to resolve service issues and in order to produce bug fixes, patches, test cases as appropriate.
• Ensure that each support request owned by you is handled as per our Service Level Agreement (SLA) and to the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments.
• Document your technical work and research in a detailed and comprehensive manner.
• Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems.
Fluent Spoken and written English and Brazilian Portuguese or English and Spanish (including technical writing)
2 plus years experience in Office 365 particularly supporting Exchange Online
• Foundations knowledge on Networking, Protocols, Authentication (Basic, Kerberos, NTLM) and PowerShell.
• Experience working with Office 365 Directory Synchronization tool (DirSync), Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connect tool (AD Connect).
• Experience working with DNS - Types or records, record creation, DNS management, DNS troubleshooting.
• Experience reading network captures/analysis.
• Experience working with Active Directory - FSMO Roles, Active Directory Domains and Trusts, Active Directory Sites and Services.
We love to get to know candidates with strong technical background, nevertheless, do not shy away if you do not meet all the “Technical” requirements.
If you have growth mindset and you are a strong believer that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence, you will be taken into consideration as this is what we value most; you will just need to be able to demonstrate it.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs