LifeWell Senior Living Dishwasher in Leander, Texas
Currently recruiting for Full-time Dishwasher :
The Dishwasher is responsible for ensuring that dishes and utensils are returned to the kitchen, cleansed, sanitized and properly stored at all times, in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Prepare dish room/area prior to meal service.
- Transport all dishes to the kitchen following meal preparation and meal times. Clear, wash and sanitize dishes and utensils. Return clean dishes and utensils to appropriate storage areas.
- Assist with breaking down the kitchen for clean-up. Perform general clean up and sanitation clean-up of dish room, kitchen, dining areas, steam tables, range hoods, sinks, and drains. Empty the trash.
- Ensure a sanitary work environment and conform to all local codes and policies regarding proper storage, handling and serving of food.
Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies. SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC: :
Must be eighteen (18) years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer six (6) months experience working in a kitchen or similar setting
- Able to safely operate standard commercial dishwashing equipment
- Able to safely operate standard household equipment (dishwasher, iron, vacuum, washer, dryer)
- Able to operate standard office equipment, including fax machine, copier, telephone, etc.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn the theory and practice of assisted living and dementia care
- Able to work with seniors and patiently interact with cognitively impaired individuals
- Able to be flexible, adapt and respond to change, make decisions in stressful situations and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Able to process information and apply common sense understanding to follow and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Able to analyze, solve and respond to problems or concerns.
- Able to count and perform moderately complex math problems
- Able to read, write and speak the English language and to interact and communicate effectively with employees, supervisors, physicians, health care professionals, residents, and their families
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Able to obtain and maintain valid first aid certification
- Able to obtain and maintain valid Food Handler’s certification
- Be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job. Good physical health, verified by a health screening, including a chest x-ray or an intradermal test result not more than 6 months prior or seven (7) days after employment