Nexion Health Management Certified Medication Aide (CMA) in Lumberton, Texas
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS:
If you are a retired/inactive nurse or graduate nurse, opportunities are currently available for you to make a difference in someone's life. The Texas Board of Nursing is implementing waivers of certain requirements to re-activate retired or inactive nursing licenses and to extend the permits of graduate nurses up to six month in response to COVID-19.
Opportunities are also available for CNAs, dietary cooks and aides. Please contact Village Creek Rehabilitation and Nursing Center for potential employment opportunities. Join our team and make a difference in someone's life.
Nexion affiliates operate 39 skilled nursing and rehabilitation as well as assisted living facilities in Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Each of our affiliate skilled nursing and assisted living campuses offers a home-like setting influenced by their own unique regional cultures. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our positive clinical outcomes, resident and family member testimonials, satisfaction reports and AHCA Quality Awards.
Summary of our CMAs
CMA is to administer oral and topical medications to residents. These tasks are performed as ordered by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with state and federal rules and regulations, and consistent with facility policies.
- State certification as a nursing assistant is required
- State approved medication administration certification
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Complete familiarity with duties of a certified nursing assistant
- Highly developed observation skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills needed
Ability to read medication labels etc. CMA Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Answering call lights promptly to determine resident needs
- Providing the required support to assist residents with their activities of daily living
- Taking/recording vital signs, such as temperature blood-pressure as directed by medical or nursing staff
- Makes routine rounds on assigned residents in accordance with established procedures.
- Promptly communicates any significant changes in behavior or condition to supervisor.
Participates in specific committees or work teams (e.g. QAPI, Staffing) as requested. We’re pleased to offer our CMAs:
Excellent benefits package
- Competitive wages
- Opportunity to make a difference in the community EOE M/F/D/V