RailWorks Plant Controller in Midlothian, Texas
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20190107-81001-001
HOME COMPANY: NARSTCO
COMPANY LOCATION: NARSTCO
BUSINESS UNIT/DEPT: Operations
JOB LOCATION: Midlothian, TX
The Financial Controller manages finance and accounting activities, providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company’s future.
• Manage finance and accounting functions for the company providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company’s future;
• Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting activities for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets;
• Produce financial reports, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, financial prospectuses and reports that predict the financial performance of the company over time;
• Present financial reporting and potential risk areas to senior management and shareholders;
• Oversee the activities of disbursement to include the Accounts Payable and Payroll Clerks, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payables, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance;
• Oversee the activities of accounts receivable to include the Accounts
Receivable Clerk to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, receipts applications, funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
• Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes;
• Ensue policies and procedures are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements;
• Maintain internal controls to support the financial infrastructure;
• Establish and maintain system controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data and enhance the company’s value;
• Abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions;
• Respond to President with accurate and timely work to facilitate NARSTCO’s financial needs;
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports;
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner;
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and regulations;
• Maintain departmental housekeeping standards;
• To exercise the utmost degree of integrity, honesty, good faith and fidelity to the Company, in dealing with the Company and with its customers, employees, suppliers and other public;
• To provide such other reasonable financial tracking and reporting services as the President or Shareholders of NARSTCO may request from time to time.
• Financial Management
• Accounting Principals
• Detail Oriented
• Decision Making
• Performance Management
• Ethical Conduct
• Organizational Skills
• Teamwork Orientation
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Communication Proficiency
• Results Driven
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• MBA in Finance and Business Administration preferred
• CPA certification
• Ten years of hands-on accounting managerial experience
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations concerning financials
• Ability to produce financial and summarize reports and business correspondence
• Knowledgeable in both state and federal tax requirements
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of stakeholders, clients, customers and general public
• Experience in industrial manufacturing and fabrication a plus
• This position will report to the parent company RailWorks.
Direct financial tasks assigned to Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivable Clerks
The job operates primarily within an office environment and minimal work if any in the plant that will require exposure to loud noises, machines, fumes, heat/cold, sparks, metal dust and industrial moving parts in the plant facility.
Proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and Safety Regulations must be adhered to at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, and work may involve lifting files, open cabinets, lift storage boxes up to 25 pounds individually and assistance must be required for anything over 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are primarily Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week with occasional weekend work depending on company internal and external project, staffing and financial planning or audit preparation demands.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.?Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled). #LI-CP1
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)