Stephen F. Austin State University Marketing Communications Specialist, Senior (Project Services) in Nacogdoches, Texas
Marketing Communications Specialist, Senior (Project Services)
Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Job Title Marketing Communications Specialist, Senior (Project Services)
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
General Job Description
This is a professional position responsible for performing advanced work in support of the operation of University Marketing Communications. Responsible for overseeing the office’s business operations, accounting and administrative support functions; assisting with the planning, development and implementation of communications programs; coordinating special projects; and ensuring the quality, consistency and conformity of departmental public relations, branding and publication functions. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the assistant director, University Marketing Communications (Web Services).
Essential Job Functions
- Monitors complex project and department budgets.
- Prepares financial projection reports to assist with department budget and project accounting.
- Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and discrepancies in accounts.
- Interacts with vendors concerning financial information related to project services.
- Assists with monitoring and managing project costs to ensure project is completed within budget.
- Assists with the planning, development and implementation of communications programs that describe and promote the university by developing basic project budgets, cost estimates and projections.
- Coordinates special projects as assigned.
- Administers the office function including file management, purchasing, and budget preparation and expenditures.
- Prepares and analyzes various special, quarterly, monthly and ad hoc reports.
- Monitors comprehensive project schedule to ensure timely project completion.
- Ensures the quality, consistency and conformity of departmental public relations, branding and publication functions.
- Provides periodic project status reports to supervisor.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- May edit and/or write department-produced communications for use in print and electronic publications, branding efforts and communications programs.
- May edit publications produced by other departments.
- May approve and sign requisitions, vouchers and other routine documents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
- Organizational skills in managing projects simultaneously while maintaining a satisfactory work product.
- Skill in using computer applications including spreadsheet, database, publication and word processing software.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty and staff, students, and the general public.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Ability to problem-solve in a variety of situations.
- Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files and reports.
- Ability to learn office and university-specific software.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or a related field is required. Candidates who do not meet the degree requirement but have significant experience related to the position may also be considered.
Required Experience and Training
Five years of related experience is required. Experience in accounting and office management is required.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
This is a security-sensitive position subject to criminal record check. This is an IT-sensitive position subject to the Computer and Network Security policy.
Min Pay Rate
Mid Pay Rate
Salary Information Salary Grade - 14
Specific Job Requirements/Duties for this Posting
Is Background Check Required? Yes
Benefit and Retirement Eligibility
This position is eligible for participation in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) retirement plan, subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
Stephen F. Austin State University, an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion or physical or mental disability as required by law. If, because of an impairment or disability, you need accommodation during any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 936-468-2304.
Posting Number S2020-653
Candidates Eligible to Apply Open to all qualified applicants
Number of Positions Available 1
Posted Date 10/08/2020
Review Start Date 10/08/2020
Work Schedule 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting Quick Link http://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/6364
Contact Name Shirley Luna
Contact Phone (936) 468-2605
Contact Email email@example.com
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* What is the highest level of education attained?
High School Diploma
* If applicable, which field do you hold a degree in?
(Open Ended Question)
* Which of the following best represents the number of years experience you possess relating directly to the job to which you are applying?
Less than one
One to two
Three to four
Five to six
Seven to eight
Nine or more
* Do you have previous experience with Accounting/Bookkeeping?
* Do you have any previous experience in office management?
* How many years of experience, if any, do you have in using the Banner system?
4 or more years
* If you have experience using Banner, please indicate which modules you used (ie: travel, requisitions, budgeting, etc.)
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
List of References
- Letter of Recommendation