Schlumberger Electronic Technician ( OdessaTX79762) in Odessa, Texas
The role of the Maintenance Electronic Technician is to competently perform all of the required maintenance tasks on Drilling and Measurements downhole tools and wellsite surface systems. These tasks include system testing, assembly and disassembly, service levels, calibration, environmental screening, modification, troubleshooting and repair, all of which must be completed in conformance with D&M and Schlumberger Standards, procedures and practices.
The Maintenance Electronic Technician reports in most cases directly to the Maintenance Supervisor or in some cases directly to the Maintenance Manager or department team leader depending on the local organizational structure within the D&M Facility.
Successful Position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
• Follows in the D&M equip Technician Training and Development Program.
• Obtains and maintains the required competencies to perform their job.
• Understands and complies with Schlumberger’s policies and standards.
• Assists in the development and coaching of less senior Maintenance Technicians.
• Promotes the importance of Service Quality, Service Delivery and flawless job execution within the maintenance community.
• Works closely with peers within the maintenance function as part of a strong and dynamic team.
• Liaises, where required with Field Operations Personnel.
• Performs the required maintenance tasks in accordance with work orders and documented service level procedures and workmanship standards.
• Accurately and timely documents all maintenance tasks using the most up to date Computerized Maintenance Management System (RMS or Q-Trak).
• Performs equipment repair and modification in a competent complete manner in accordance with documented procedures and workmanship standards.
• Familiar with and strictly adheres to assigned locations documented work processes.
• Performs troubleshooting on defective equipment in order to isolate the root cause and effectively repair.
• Understands and helps drive the World Wide Service Quality Plan within the location.
• Actively uses InTouch Support both for technical solutions and for knowledge sharing.
• Actively participates in process improvement initiatives such as LEAN and Six Sigma as an important contributor continual process improvement.
• Reports honestly and accurately at all times.
• Promotes a culture of safety awareness quality within the maintenance community.
• Wears the required PPE at all times within the Maintenance Facility.
• Ensures his/her work areas are safe, clean and orderly at all times.
• Follows and is accountable to Schlumberger policies and procedures on health, safety and environment.
• Uses QUEST to report both Quality and HSE events and for follow up on action items.
• Maintains at all times up-to-date generic and job-related Quality and HSE training.
• Is committed to the highest levels of quality in their work with a strong “do it right first time mentality”.
• Successfully graduated with a 3 years Technical degree.
• Minimum 3 years experience as a Electronic Technician, preferably in Oil & Gas.
• Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.