Occidental Petroleum I/E Maintenance Supervisor in Pasadena, Texas
Title: I/E Maintenance Supervisor Location: United States-Texas-Pasadena Other Locations:
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of I & E Maintenance Supervisor within our Pasadena PVC Plant located in Pasadena, TX.
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Set priorities on maintenance activities to assure continuing plant operations with minimum downtime while maintaining responsibility for Key Maintenance Measures (overtime, downtime, call-outs, backlog, HRTF) in assigned unit.
- Coordinate with Production, Technical and other Maintenance groups to ensure accurate and efficient completion of maintenance activities.
- Assign jobs and provide field supervision to maintenance technicians on daily work activities as well as plant outages through the Maintenance Excellence Program.
- Lead and coach the maintenance technicians to ensure that through proper training all work is preformed according to job plan.
- Manage backlog of work orders to maintain plant reliability.
- Evaluate and assure material requisitions, work plans, and schedules are being utilized as planned.
- Track equipment repair progress to ensure plant reliability and capability meets production schedule.
- Participate in the design and implementation of equipment and process improvements, material of construction improvements and efficiency, and cost control improvements.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an instrumentation technician and/or electrician. Dual qualification preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and good working knowledge of SAP.
- Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Experience with supervising a group of instrumentation and electrical professionals preferred.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs.
- Walking, bending, stooping is required.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status