JPMorgan Chase CIB - Credit Risk - BanksBrokersDealers & Financial Marklet Infrastructure - Associate in Plano, Texas
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We offer strategic advice, lend money, raise capital, help manage risk, extend liquidity, buy and sell securities, and provide many other banking services in markets around the world.
Corporate & Investment Bank Credit Risk Management is responsible for lending activities and related credit exposures. CIB Credit Risk is organized by geography with teams aligned by industry. CIB Credit Risk Managers lead the client credit relationship in partnership with CIB Coverage, Sales, and Trading.
The Banks, Broker Dealers, and Market Infrastructure (BBD) Credit Risk Team manages exposure to North American based financial institutions. The VP will have responsibility for diligence, risk grading, structuring, and on-going monitoring and management of a diverse and complex portfolio of risks. Portfolio clients include Bulge Bracket and Regional Banks, Boutique Investment Banks, Online Broker Dealers, Specialist Dealers, Clearinghouses & Exchanges. Applicable client exposures include high grade and leveraged loans, extensive derivatives and securities trading relationships, intra-day liquidity facilities, and default management resources. The VP will serve as the Credit Officer and primary coverage for credit relationships as well as develop the analytical skills of junior team members.
• Perform customer due diligence and financial analysis and summarize in written credit approval memos and reviews
• Review and approve trading activity, including recommending credit enhancements and appropriate structures
• Set and communicate credit exposure appetite across trading products utilizing internal exposure methodologies
• Oversee legal negotiations for traded products
• Be principal contact for and partner with colleagues from Sales & Trading, Prime Brokerage, Investor Client Management, Treasury & Security Services, Legal, IB Coverage, Syndicated & Leveraged Finance, Debt Capital Markets, and Ratings Advisory
• Assess creditworthiness of clients and assign appropriate credit ratings
• Maintain updated credit research on a portfolio of clients
• Serve as staffer for junior resources; manage own and analyst's workload, delegate with appropriate guidance
• Lead group wide efficiency projects
• Serve as subject matter expert on the sectors and assist regulators in exams
• 7-10 years of work experience in financial services preferred (investment banking or similar), with a deep understanding of financial modeling and financial analysis
• Credit/Market risk experience required; direct experience in underwriting, structuring, and negotiating loan, derivative, and liquidity management transactions
• Knowledge of the relevant sectors required, including familiarity with regulatory requirements, centralized clearing, OTC and exchange traded derivative markets
- JPMorgan Chase Jobs